Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 06:44 PM   #21
cptredbeard
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyak13 View Post
Next time you do something so stupid save us all from watching it and don't post it, ridiculous that with all the rare and different species of game fish to be caught at Lj right now and yoU kill a mako? Glad i don't have your karma or the lack of brain cells
Saved and/or ate every piece of our catch. Please refer any hateful comments to CA fish and game that says that is 100% legal. Never had mako huh?
Old 07-26-2015, 06:48 PM   #22
cptredbeard
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy V View Post
Considering the epic Bluefin/Yellowfin/Yellowtail fishing going on right now within La Jolla Shores launch range .... gaffing a Mako is lame.

-I don't usually flame people about their catch, but you guys got a lot to learn about fishing La Jolla.
Not gonna lie to you I do need to learn a lot about fishing La Jolla. However, who are you to tell me I can't or shouldn't take a legal fish though? We didn't waste any of that beautiful animal and it was the fight of a lifetime for us. I love the ocean and would never do anything that I/ or science for that matter, would consider harmful to its inhabitants.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:54 PM   #23
Sir LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy V View Post
Considering the epic Bluefin/Yellowfin/Yellowtail fishing going on right now within La Jolla Shores launch range .... gaffing a Mako is lame.

-I don't usually flame people about their catch, but you guys got a lot to learn about fishing La Jolla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyak13 View Post
Next time you do something so stupid save us all from watching it and don't post it, ridiculous that with all the rare and different species of game fish to be caught at Lj right now and yoU kill a mako? Glad i don't have your karma or the lack of brain cells
Not cool guys. U can't force your opinions on other people
Old 07-26-2015, 07:19 PM   #24
Zed
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptredbeard View Post
Not gonna lie to you I do need to learn a lot about fishing La Jolla. However, who are you to tell me I can't or shouldn't take a legal fish though? We didn't waste any of that beautiful animal and it was the fight of a lifetime for us. I love the ocean and would never do anything that I/ or science for that matter, would consider harmful to its inhabitants.
IMO Those posts were a little out of line but the point I think is, 99% of experienced kayakers would not gaff a mako of any size from a yak. Too many bad outcomes. You guys did it, dispatched it and have all 20 toes and 20 fingers. Just dont spread the message its commonplace to do. Or even easy.

Congrats though and enjoy it!
Old 07-26-2015, 07:31 PM   #25
Daiwadude

If ya'll have any complaints, go cry to the DFG and your momma!!
Old 07-26-2015, 07:32 PM   #26
cell128
lizard king

Got a mako last year from a boat.... Beautiful fish... Good eating too... I myself though would not want anything to do with them on the kayak. If they can outswim a boat and jump 10 feet out of the water with those teeth.... No thanks
Old 07-26-2015, 07:42 PM   #27
Zed
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiwadude View Post
If ya'll have any complaints, go cry to the DFG and your momma!!
Thank you for your understanding.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:00 PM   #28
TNT
Junior

F*** the haters good job man
Old 07-26-2015, 09:29 PM   #29
ironcross6921

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroBravo View Post
/\
How about just hitting the STOP button.
Nobody made you watch foo.
Go easy dude...
I'm a newbie too.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:41 PM   #30
cptredbeard
Junior

Zed I understand and appreciate your comments. IMO it was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I'm very happy we were able to land it safely.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:07 PM   #31
LBKayakDude

I think some people watch too many shows on discovery channel about shark finning and what not. I dunno why people get their panties all in a bunch over keeping a shark. They're great eating just like alot of other species of fish. We're not going out in masses and killing every shark we can find. Where is the reasoning to talk shit? I can't find any. I got two threshers this year. Does that make me an asshole? I don't think so. Nice job on that mako, and from a kayak! Very awesome! 👍👍
Old 07-27-2015, 02:49 PM   #32
dillpick
fisha

Great catch austin, let the haters hate, that is some great fish.my names Dillon im the one u met today out there with my buddy that was sick. Thanks for sharing bait man that girl went 22lbs 38 inches, i was super stoked. peace
Old 07-27-2015, 03:26 PM   #33
HBOUND808

The Taxman ain't happy. Have fun.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:23 PM   #34
supaboy1981
Pro @ not catching fish

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/spor...318719861.html looks like you guys made the news!!

And if you serving your fresh catch in your Oceanside location then please let me know, lol.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:36 PM   #35
ful-rac
Emperor

Oh going commercial now are we.....
Old 07-27-2015, 08:31 PM   #36
jorluivil

Representatives from the department of Fish and Wildlife were at the landing. The 5-foot-long mako easily outran the 60-pound scale that was available so they estimated the fish to weigh around 100 pounds. The 31-year-old Lorber has been fishing since he was a child, but this experience was something he’ll never forget.

Is there a possibility that the fish weighed 62lbs?

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
Old 07-27-2015, 08:58 PM   #37
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBKayakDude View Post
I think some people watch too many shows on discovery channel about shark finning and what not. I dunno why people get their panties all in a bunch over keeping a shark. They're great eating just like alot of other species of fish. We're not going out in masses and killing every shark we can find. Where is the reasoning to talk shit? I can't find any. I got two threshers this year. Does that make me an asshole? I don't think so. Nice job on that mako, and from a kayak! Very awesome! 👍👍
You're such an asshole Joe, lmao! You know I'm kidding. Thresher steaks and homemade brew!!?? I say party at your house!
Old 07-27-2015, 11:24 PM   #38
cptredbeard
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillpick View Post
Great catch austin, let the haters hate, that is some great fish.my names Dillon im the one u met today out there with my buddy that was sick. Thanks for sharing bait man that girl went 22lbs 38 inches, i was super stoked. peace
Good meeting you brotha!
Old 07-27-2015, 11:27 PM   #39
cptredbeard
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Oh going commercial now are we.....
Lol. I wish. Talked to fish and game about possibility of selling sportfishing catch at my restaurants. I thought it was impossible/very expensive but she assured me it was not only possible but affordable. Looking into it.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:56 AM   #40
h2ofishfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
IMO Those posts were a little out of line but the point I think is, 99% of experienced kayakers would not gaff a mako of any size from a yak. Too many bad outcomes. You guys did it, dispatched it and have all 20 toes and 20 fingers. Just dont spread the message its commonplace to do. Or even easy.

Congrats though and enjoy it!
Hmmmm im experienced and I've done it ? As long as you have a game plan it's all good . How do you get experienced in such matters unless you try them ? I'm definitely not Hollywood about catches but to each their own

Tags
crazy, girl scream, kayak fishing, mako shark, stolen fish