Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 11-02-2009, 01:58 PM   #21
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Email sent....feel free to use...

Especially if your son has the same name....

Dear Members of the Blue Ribbon Task Force,

I am writing in support of Map 2, WG2, Option 4. I believe it has the appropriate balance of conservation and consumption, and it meets all of the science guidelines. The other proposals fall short of SAT guidelines (deep water rock and pinnacles at Del Mar) yet have a big impact on San Diego’s heritage of recreational fishing and it’s local fishing related economy. WG2 option 4 has the most cross interest support, and the buy-in of consumptive fishermen.

San Diego’s fishing community has a history of actively supporting conservation issues and enthusiastically following DFG regulations to manage the species. Many of us have not only been fishing our entire lives, but are passing it on to our children, and by doing that, we are teaching them to be conservatives and respect not only the ocean, but it's creatures as well. With the various programs geared towards our youth, such as Take a Kd Fishing, Friends of Rollo, it is easy so see why preserving fishing for our children should be a high priority, and fishing people know that; we practice catch and release, we don't keep undersized fish, and we abide by the regulations put in place to allow for a sustainable fishery.
WG2 option 4 is best all around for not only the reasons above, but for safety issues as well. Safe access, easy launches, these are all very important for fishers, kayakers, and spearfishers. It is vital that areas such as these remain open as they are in close proximity to life guard locations, should help be needed.
I have a 9 year old son, Clay, who has attended numerous MLPA meetings. Would you take away a favorite fishing spot of your child and expect him/her to paddle out 3 miles to do something they love to do? Of course not. I think the last thing we need to see or hear about is a kayaker or fisherman missing or encounter bad weather all because they were forced to fish beyond 3 miles.
La Jolla is especially important to kayak anglers with it’s protected launch, close proximity to life guard stations, and close enough to land should the weather take a turn for the worse, which we all know can and often does happen.
Kayak anglers are environmentally friendly using human powered vessels. We don't have props that can damage kelp. We have no use for oil or gasoline, so you can be assured we are not polluting our oceans. We don't litter the ocean, in fact we are known to pick up trash, since we are so close to waters' edge. We don't harass sea creatures because essentially we are on the same playing field as them. We understand this, we are out there to not only fish and feed our family, but to interact with nature, the environment, and our love for the ocean. A bonus is that we are being physically active in a safe environment, without doing any damage to that same environment we cherish.
We don't go out to fish to feed the entire neighborhood, just our family. We don't fill our kayaks with fish, we probably take home less fish than any other groups besides spearfishers.

Please support WG 2 for the Southern California MLPA process.

Thank you,

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:09 PM   #22
teto116

done!
teto116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:31 AM   #23
cjthomas

done
cjthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:18 PM   #24
kurt

Sent. I've never written so many letters. This was easier back in Chicago, where you could just throw ballot boxes (or voters) into the river.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #25
prowlerdude

Done. Thanks all.
prowlerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:19 AM   #26
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Bump. Less than 4 hours left if you want the brtf to have your comments before the meeting. Any comments recieved after noon today will not be given to brtf members until the morning of the meeting.

I just got a resposnse from a BRTF member this morning about the email I sent in yesterday. They really are reading some of them.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

Last edited by tylerdurden; 11-04-2009 at 08:27 AM.
tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:34 AM   #27
MalibuJohnny

Done

Dear Members of the Blue Ribbon Task Force,

I am writing in support of Map 2, WG2, and Option 4. I believe it has the appropriate balance of conservation and consumption, and it meets all of the science guidelines. The other proposals fall short of SAT guidelines (deep water rock and pinnacles at Del Mar) yet have a big impact on lace San Diego’s heritage of recreational fishing and its local fishing related economy. WG2 option 4 has the most cross interest support and the buy-in of consumptive fishermen.

At one time in my life I choose to become a fisherman. My first job, was working for Frank Hale on the Seal Beach peir, I was 18 or 19 years old. My first attempt at deckhand almost cost me my right arm. I forgot to let of the chain while launching the anchor. While learning the tricks of the trade, Ed Leyland, Mike Reed, Bob Ezhel and many other Captains showed me how and why to respect the waters of which we ate and earned our living, those same rules apply today. I don’t take what we won’t eat, and we put back the short ones. Not that hard…

Today I am 51 years old and still fish and still practice good fishing management. I have a 15 year old daughter, Sierra Lynn, who at age 8 caught her first limit of Bass on the City of Seal Beach. She owns her own Kayak where she has taught many of her classmates how to safely paddle in and around the southern Californian coastal waters. Jasmine who’s is now 5, has ventured out on many kayaking trips sitting onto of the gator seat on our Malibu X Factor, soon our very newest will be taught to respect the waters that we spend so much time swimming fishing sailing kayaking and simply enjoying our god given playground.

There are many fishing communities that have a solid history of supporting conservation issues and enthusiastically following DFG regulations to manage the species. Many of us have not only been fishing our entire lives, but are passing it on to our children, and by doing that, we are teaching them to be conservatives and respect not only the ocean, but it's creatures as well. With the various programs geared towards our youth, such as Take a Kid Fishing, Friends of Rollo, it is easy so see why preserving fishing for our children should be a high priority, and fishing people know that; we practice catch and release, we don't keep undersized fish, and we abide by the regulations put in place to allow for a sustainable fishery.

Kayak anglers are environmentally friendly using human powered vessels. We don't have props that can damage kelp. We have no use for oil or gasoline, so you can be assured we are not polluting our oceans. We don't litter the ocean; in fact we are known to pick up trash, since we are so close to waters' edge. We don't harass sea creatures because essentially we are on the same playing field as them. We understand this; we are out there to not only fish and feed our family, but to interact with nature, the environment, and our love for the ocean. A bonus is that we are being physically active in a safe environment, without doing any damage to that same environment we cherish.

We don't go out to fish to feed the entire neighborhood, just our family. We don't fill our kayaks with fish; we probably take home less fish than any other groups besides spearfishers.

Please support WG 2 for the Southern California MLPA process.

Thank you,

John F Balderrama and Family
Aka Malibujohnny

Last edited by MalibuJohnny; 11-04-2009 at 08:37 AM. Reason: spelling
MalibuJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:51 AM   #28
Billy V

I just sent off my final BRTF e mail. It was a compilation of our unified message.

1 hours and 10 minute to go. Make the most of it.

Good Fish Karma to YOU.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #29
Siebler

Done

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:35 AM   #30
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Tick tick tick

25 minutes

Old 11-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #31
Ocean-Angler

HAHAHAHAHAH YES!!!!

I just sent the email to 107 people!!!!
YEEAAA!!!
Ocean-Angler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:55 PM   #32
Ocean-Angler

why dont we make the MLPA posts private for only members??
then the board cant see what we are talking about
what do u mods think?
Ocean-Angler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:21 PM   #33
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean-Angler View Post
why dont we make the MLPA posts private for only members??
then the board cant see what we are talking about
what do u mods think?
I am not a mod.

However, the other side monitors the boards and has people registered here.

That's why we use email for anything we don't want in public.

The other side already knows we are trying to get people to show up.