Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
warrior

Trade for my Mountain Bike?

Anyone have so many Yaks that they need to trade for my Mountain Bike? I'm looking to trade for a Prowler 13', Stealth 14', or Hobie Outback-Revo. Actually, any set up will be considered and I'm willing to put out some cash for the Hobie. The Bike is a Specialized StumpJumper M-4 and had a retail value of $1950.00 before I added the disc brakes. The bike has been used for 3 years and it has very good components. It will have a professional tune up before trade.

Thanks, everyone

IMG-20120715-00002.jpg
With a prayer in my mouth I dashed unarmed through a line of soldiers my clothes were cut to pieces my horse was wounded but I was not hurt, as I reached the door of my lodge my wife handed me my rifle saying "here's your gun...fight"

The great Chief Joseph

Last edited by warrior; 07-15-2012 at 11:06 AM.
warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
cabojohn
PROBATION

I know someone looking for a bike...and may consider a trade? What size and year is your bike?
cabojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

I hope I don't know who you are thinking of John
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
Baja_Traveler

I'd do it in a flat second, but I think that bike outclasses my Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro - even with the bait tank and Humminbird...
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #5
warrior

bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabojohn View Post
I know someone looking for a bike...and may consider a trade? What size and year is your bike?
It is a medium frame, still looking for the receipt but I think it's 09.
With a prayer in my mouth I dashed unarmed through a line of soldiers my clothes were cut to pieces my horse was wounded but I was not hurt, as I reached the door of my lodge my wife handed me my rifle saying "here's your gun...fight"

The great Chief Joseph
Old 07-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #6
cabojohn
PROBATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior View Post
It is a medium frame, still looking for the receipt but I think it's 09.
That's the right size.
I will send you a PM. No worries on finding the receipt.
cabojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #7
warrior

things have changed

I pulled the trigger on a used Outback today so now the trades are open to ? or ? and maybe even ?.

Anyway, I hope the transition from my paddle yaks won't be a tough one and I look forward to meeting up with you on the water.

The great Chief Joseph
Old 07-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #8
evilkhemist

Not trying to burst your bubble. That particular specialized stumpjumper frame is a pre-2003 frame. Specialized Stumpjumpers had that frame 2003 and before, then they went to the shock between a bulging seat post in 2004. By 2008, they were using the 4-link style rear suspension.
evilkhemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #9
warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkhemist View Post
Not trying to burst your bubble. That particular specialized stumpjumper frame is a pre-2003 frame. Specialized Stumpjumpers had that frame 2003 and before, then they went to the shock between a bulging seat post in 2004. By 2008, they were using the 4-link style rear suspension.
No problem about bursting my bubble, I appreciate the info.

After the post, I had my wife on a mission to find when I bought the bike because I know I didn't buy it in 03; she found the receipt in the visa file for 2008 and it show's a 20% discount, so maybe I bought left overs

I thought I had a 2009 in 'good shape' but I guess from your post, it's a 2003 and for that year, I can say it's in 'excellent shape'

The great Chief Joseph
Old 07-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #10
warrior

sold

Happy to say the bike went to a good home.

The great Chief Joseph
Old 07-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #11
danjor

What did you get for the bike? Just interested cause i have a treck bike thats similar to that one full suspension disk brakes all shimano parts kevlar lined tires(best investment ever!) Been wanting to put it on craigslist just havent got all the kayaks out of the way yet.
danjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #12
warrior

bike

I was asking $900.00 and sold it for $750.00. I'll probably regret it because it was in great shape; the money goes in my hobby fund, so that's good

The great Chief Joseph
Old 07-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #13
vincentek9
MAYNEE-YAK

i remember when i sold my mountain bike to afford a kayak... spent $1900 on it. only sold it for $500.. great memories on my bike.. and the scars will never go away. haha. goodluck on finding a yak! its alot less dangerous (kind of) !!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #14
warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentek9 View Post
i remember when i sold my mountain bike to afford a kayak... spent $1900 on it. only sold it for $500.. great memories on my bike.. and the scars will never go away. haha. goodluck on finding a yak! its alot less dangerous (kind of) !!!!
The way I ride it is a lot more dangerous, didn't give up riding, just pushing a single speed right now.

The way I describe both Mountain Bike Riding and open water kayak fishing is "epic" they both challenge you and to get out there and do either at my age is always rewarding, exciting and an adventure.

The great Chief Joseph