Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2015, 09:28 PM   #1
LEEZO

09/03 LJ first yellow report

headed out around 7 am with lake like launch conditions. the south swells seem to bypass the shores area. met a guy named Andrew while making bait. I had a tough time making any while he tucked away 6-7 greenies. He then cruises over and offers me one and says "the skunks off" and heads his way and I head mine. These are the kayakers that are nice to meet while on the water.
I eventually make bait after 2 hours and head out to the point to the 150' area. I see one hammer head briefly and and head the other direction. lose all 4 baits to seals then head back to kelp to get 2 more greenies. head back out got hit on quick by a big yellow diving hard. I tightened the drag a hair and poof snapped the 30b flouro. 5 mins later drop another bait. this time yellow on and fighting for 10-15 mins. I was amazed at those deep dives. got him up and gaffed him.
on the way in saw a large whale do a big breach a 100 yards away. Thank you Sven for taking the picture on the water.
Attached Images

LEEZO is offline   Reply With Quote