Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 02-13-2014, 04:00 PM   #41
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakjoe View Post
Is this a spelling B or a fish off let the pic talk did you for get this last year was my first year kayaking as well just look just look open waters open waters much diffrent then ports at work keys not that good only have few sec to type out having funnnnn

No, we've never fished open waters, just Cambria, County line, Redondo Beach, Point Fermin, San Onofre, Dana Point, La Jolla, San Clemente Island(this is more than a 2hour paddle), Herendira(This is another country)

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:46 PM   #42
roby
CEO of Team Roby

@yakjoe - Give Ful-rac a break. He just got two new GoPros and a nice fast computer to edit all his videos and pictures. He's a bit anxious with his "boy toys." From now all on you'll see two angles for just about anything Ful-rac enjoys doing. So when you see a video of Ful-rac in the harbor just cut him some slack; he's not as accomplished as you are.

You on the other hand, are a far superior-open-water-scotty-rod-holder-connector-kayak-fisher-guy. You just joined the boards with about 15 posts, and started kayak-fishing last year. You've caught tons of legal halibut from a donut. You were even on Western Outdoors.

Tony on the other hand has been on Western Outdoors several times, I've heard his sorry ass on the radio a couple of times too, he even got Team Sewer on an article in a kayak magazine, he has contributed to this site for the last several years, he pitched in to help out with the WSB grow out tanks in Redondo (the same wsb you may be catching in several years), and last but not least he is a proficient English speaker.

Yakschmoe, Tony is at sever disadvantage to you, so just take it easy when you shit all over his thread.
roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:13 PM   #43
ericko

Wow Joe
Your my hero so many fish and talents... Are you willing to show me your ways and the honey holes... I need as much help as possible these days cause I don't get on the water as much as I'd like..

Any help would be appreciated AGAIN JOE YOUR THE BEST
ericko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:41 AM   #44
yakjoe

what did I miss> Have to come to santa barbara every time peeps come from up south they always want to come back always my kayak is my new toy as well this year was my first year kayaking I am 34 years old I bet your in your in early 40 to 50 years ya dont need to go to all those plases we have it all right hear wast of gas family time I am home by 3:00 pm with fish as my fish pro file will tell you county line we go as well sea bass is like at 80 ft halibut is like at 100 ft are halibut is at 10 ft to 70 ft sea bass all around fishing ports not to much fun after a while

PART OF THE
F . T . W

Last edited by yakjoe; 02-14-2014 at 09:55 AM.
yakjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:11 AM   #45
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Looks like we are going to need to get the boots out, it's getting deep!

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:13 AM   #46
tagyak

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby View Post
@yakjoe -
You on the other hand, are a far superior-open-water-scotty-rod-holder-connector-kayak-fisher-guy. You just joined the boards with about 15 posts, and started kayak-fishing last year. You've caught tons of legal halibut from a donut. You were even on Western Outdoors.
at this rate, yakityjakjoe will be doubling up on his post count.
tagyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:25 AM   #47
jorluivil

Quote:
what did I miss> Have to come to santa barbara every time peeps come from up south they always want to come back always my kayak is my new toy as well this year was my first year kayaking I am 34 years old I bet your in your in early 40 to 50 years ya dont need to go to all those plases we have it all right hear wast of gas family time I am home by 3:00 pm with fish as my fish pro file will tell you county line we go as well sea bass is like at 80 ft halibut is like at 100 ft are halibut is at 10 ft to 70 ft sea bass all around
What did you miss? Obviously, you're missing the point. So you had a great year.......hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray. A great year doesn't make you a great kayak fisher on a fishing board. Just because you live minutes away from the fishing grounds doesn't make you a great kayak fisher. Just because you're 34 and we're in our 40's or 50's doesn't make you a great kayak fisher. If it does it means that those that are in the 20's are better you. Just because you're home by 3pm doesn't make you a better kayak fisher, it just means you spend less time on the water and I can guarantee you that you DO NOT catch quality fish on every trip, neither do I, neither does Greg or Tony or Roby or Matt(definitely not Matt) or everyone else on this board.

You made the WON magazine I'm happy for you.

Do Greg, Tony, Jim(Deamon) and I also get props because we mere mentioned on the magazine? I'm thinking we should give Tony a trophy for having a full page article on Kayak Fishing Magazine

My point is.........stop putting yourself on a the 1st place podium. You had a great first year, we're all happy for you. I won three tournaments and a boat jackpot last year, I won close to $1k in cash and prizes last year but no one really cares. If you're that good, or great, you should come show us how its done because a great kayak fisher can catch fish EVERYWHERE and not just in his/her backyard.

I'm all out of popcorn

Last edited by jorluivil; 02-14-2014 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Because if I don't everyone will think Joe wrote this
Old 02-14-2014, 10:33 AM   #48
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
what did I miss> Have to come to santa barbara every time peeps come from up south they always want to come back always my kayak is my new toy as well this year was my first year kayaking I am 34 years old I bet your in your in early 40 to 50 years ya dont need to go to all those plases we have it all right hear wast of gas family time I am home by 3:00 pm with fish as my fish pro file will tell you county line we go as well sea bass is like at 80 ft halibut is like at 100 ft are halibut is at 10 ft to 70 ft sea bass all around fishing ports not to much fun after a while

PART OF THE
F . T . W
Here Joe let me fix this for you...

What did I miss? You guys have to come to Santa Barbara. Every time people come from the south they always want to come back.

This year will mark my first year kayaking with my new toy, as I am only 34 years old. I bet you are in your early 40s or 50s.

You don't need to go to all those places to catch fish. We have it all right here all the time. You are just wasting gas and family time. I am always home by 3:00pm with fish as my fish profile will tell you.

We also fish county line. Seabass are usually in 80ft and halibut are usually found in 100ft. Seabass are usually found from 10 to 70ft.

Fishing ports is not much fun after awhile.

Part of the

F.T.W
Old 02-14-2014, 10:37 AM   #49
jorluivil

Quote:
cool halibut rat trap set up to easy san pedro port all their is is halibut I use one hook landed 7 halibut on 12 pound leader 17 sea bass 20 pound go that rought lets see the videos better fight more of a challenge
Quote:
we fish the open waters just got my go pro video to be up this year you fish the port I fish their many time in my younger days I fish with the bay tubers just saying rat traps to easy dont you like more of challeng(ONE SHOT ONE KILL) DID YOU SEE ME IN THE WESTEN OUT DOORS MAG SHORT BIT IT WAS CALL i LANDED 42 LEAGLES IN MY FLOAT TUBE IN ARE HARBOR HALIBUT ALL DAY LONG WE CATCH ARE OWN BAIT AS WELL LIVE SQUID TO SARDENS OPEN WATERS
COME DOWN ARE WAY LETS SEE YOU FISH OPEN WATERS
Quote:
no their is still lots and lots of squid just look at me pic s they talk for me all open waters just in vite they want come we go down to leo carillo some times and how did you find out about gav rhyak can you tell the fellas. this is fun sea bass still coming in thick big ones most all in the 50 -60 pound rang the paddle is about 2 half hours one way thats how we do it
Quote:
Is this a spelling B or a fish off let the pic talk did you for get this last year was my first year kayaking as well just look just look open waters open waters much diffrent then ports at work keys not that good only have few sec to type out having funnnnn
Quote:

PART OF THE
F . T . W

I found a un-popped kernel in the popcorn bag so why I'm chewing on it let me add one more thing

I copied and pasted all of your replies into a word document and found that you have a combined 417 words in your replies with only one period ( . )

While I agree that this is NOT a spelling bee others should be able to read what you, I, he or she is typing without having to pause after every word........it makes easy, kinda of like those rat traps you mentioned. We all want a challenge but we prefer for the challenge to be on the water.

There, now I'm done. Let's go fishing.

Last edited by jorluivil; 02-15-2014 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:26 AM   #50
Deamon

Ummm...Jorge!!! Can you PLEASE take better care of this picture? Geez...

Remember when we were chasing that school of flatties swimming between the bridge's pylons? All those people on the bridge and from shore were cheering us on? Kayaks running into each other fishing only 19.5' of water? You know...I never even changed my leader that day. That was a day! And we were off the water by 2pm!!!

[/QUOTE]
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:59 PM   #51
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Ummm...Jorge!!! Can you PLEASE take better care of this picture? Geez...

Remember when we were chasing that school of flatties swimming between the bridge's pylons? All those people on the bridge and from shore were cheering us on? Kayaks running into each other fishing only 19.5' of water? You know...I never even changed my leader that day. That was a day! And we were off the water by 2pm!!!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember. Thank God we weren't in open waters.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:05 PM   #52
Zed
BANNED

Rhino and Spike were schoolin the fools in SB before yakjoe popped his first pube so don't think you're all yak rockstars. There's a new batch of payasos every year.

Reminds me of a bunch monkeys trying to hump a football; funny for a minute then just pitiful. Take it to facebook.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:24 PM   #53
yakjoe

cool pic but 4 guys thats a lot of people you think just JOE solo remember open waters have find the fish in ports just like a harbor you already know wright were to go find them no fun we hunt for are fish I got 3 as well open waters lets see those pics all i see is harbor fish
Old 02-14-2014, 01:32 PM   #54
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
Rhino and Spike were schoolin the fools in SB before yakjoe popped his first pube so don't think you're all yak rockstars. There's a new batch of payasos every year.

Reminds me of a bunch monkeys trying to hump a football; funny for a minute then just pitiful. Take it to facebook.

No, no rockstars here. We're just regular dudes that fish on weekends...

I'm happy to see that we all have met a true "rockstar", from Santa Barbara. A true genius, a Leonardo Davinci of the kayak fishing world.

Love the rod holder set up!

Old 02-14-2014, 02:10 PM   #55
yakjoe

I like to see sand halibut and sea bass open waters
thank you if you like to come down some time send me a pm lets fish the north coast
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #56
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Finally, someone who writes English worse then Nachos.

Where is that annoying Polish English teacher when you need him!

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it

Last edited by wiredantz; 02-14-2014 at 02:29 PM.
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #57
Bert Vega
Tail Chaser!

Quote:
I like to see sand halibut and sea bass open waters
thank you if you like to come down some time send me a pm lets fish the north coast
34 or 3'4"
Bert Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #58
ful-rac
Emperor

Oh yeah look at this!!!!!

Old 02-14-2014, 03:37 PM   #59
yakjoe

we love sand
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2014, 03:39 PM   #60