Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 07:19 AM   #1
computerguy
computer angler

Birthday Special 5/1 LJ

5/1 Jim N. and I launched at LJ at 5:30am, at least 6 other kayakers on the water. Tiny surf and calm seas, not much wind at all in the am.
Bait was easily bade near the kelp. Water temp about 63 deg. Before I started a slow troll with a flyline mac, I got picked up. I estimate that I fought the fish for 1/2 hr. Seals were near by, but left me alone. Just as I got the fish to color my rod snaped in half , it was a Black Sea Bass. My friend Jim N, estimated the BSB at 60-90lbs, the biggest fish of my life. After a while we finally got it to swim back down. Wish it would have been a white, but still an epic day for me. Didn't see too much else going on out there, I heard that a PB got a yellow.

- Jeff
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:42 AM   #2
esdees
The Good Clone

It's always cool to see one of those beasts. Good job taking the time to get it to go back down. I went out in the afternoon and managed to make bait, but the sea lions were the only takers for those. The water is still a nasty brown color close to and in the kelp.

-Patrick
esdees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:26 AM   #3
ratdog

I went out in the late afternoon also, only place I could make bait was just outside of the kelp. Made a bunch of greenies only to have the "dogs" wipe me out. No matter how far away I thought I was from the thieves, they came from now where to steal my bait.. very dissapointing. No fish for me but talked to another kayaker who said he got 1 small YT.
ratdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:11 PM   #4
h2ofishfo

well thats crap sorry bro's going out friday im just tired of people saying "any day now its going to go off hahah !"
h2ofishfo is offline   Reply With Quote