Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2015, 08:12 PM   #1
Cadillyak
Team Get $$

Zoo like conditions

Well knowing what it was gonna be like, not only because of the holiday, but also the smell of tuna in the air, I loaded the yak in preparation for the zoo. LJ did not disappoint as there were 15-20 vehicles on the beach unloading, and 30+ already making their way out. Contemplating going out or going home due to pressure, I reluctantly launched.

Meet up with Nickc5 and off we were to make bait. Couldn't buy a greenie, but tricks of the trade got us tanks full of greenies in short order. Saw a bunch of familiar faces, chatted and off to the troll.

Both of our first baits in yielded us YT. That was it for me, but nick had more in store. We both landed our firsts of the day around 0800. 15-20lb range. We wanted tuna though and had our eyes on the prize. Went out around 3 miles or so for nothing. At one point, we saw one patty to the left and some "crashing" birds to the right. I went left, Nick went right neither was holding fish though.

Oh I forgot, on our way out, he go bit in the middle of nowhere. We were hoping tuna, but just a 30lb YT by catch. I know, white collar la Jolla problems.

Couldn't believe we hooked up with over 100 kayaks out. I guess luck is better than skill at times.

We tried for tuna, but I forgot my radio in the car, and wasn't comfortable going Wayyyy out. That and PA's aren't the best vessel for tuna searching. Gonna take the outback out next time.

Even with all that pressure, from what I saw, very few tangles considering the plastic armada was out, and everyone was cordial. That's how is should be. "I heard a few I'm sorry's and my bads," but I heard even more, " no worries, and it's all good." That's how it should be! Fish went 16lbs.

Tight lines and bent rods!
Attached Images

Cadillyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:38 PM   #2
nickc5

Money! Always a pleasure fishing with you my friend. We gotta get out more!

Let's get it!
nickc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:48 AM   #3
Bert Vega
Tail Chaser!

Nice job boys! It was crazy out there yesterday.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:45 AM   #4
octico

Way to go! It was nuts landing too.
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:19 AM   #5
blitzburgh

Nice work!
Old 07-06-2015, 10:12 AM   #6
ashmoz

very nice!
ashmoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:47 AM   #7
Rambo

Great report and its a good community of fisherman out there in La Jolla so far.
Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote