Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2015, 04:01 PM   #21
TJones

what a pos

after switching from " The Dark Side " , I figured this would make me happy . Lets be real , I switch head units , like a roll of toilet paper . I have spent thousands on sonar , only to have the guy next to me with an Elite 4 tell me the fish are coming through. I have read reviews about this unit that everything works miraculously in auto mode . "That is the great thing about it" . I was about to do , what half the other guys did and return it . That is when I discovered the meter works as should in manual mode .The overall combination of sonar and down scan is good , but I think an Elite 5 might have more power . The Dragon Fly seems to come up a little short in watts . The HDs 3 , which I also have on my other yak , is failing in the down imaging department . Maybe I am doing something wrong ? Navico support did not seem to be of help . I am not running a LSS2 . Obviously if I were , the down scan would be primo.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote