Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 01:50 PM   #1
FISHIONADO

LJ 3/4 AM

Launched just before 6:00am, easy ankle high waves and slight offshore breeze. I headed west for almost 3 miles trolling a jointed rebel and then south for a while, lots of birds working all over. One of the PB's said it was squid pushing up the bait, he caught an 8lb squid. I never caught bait so I yo-yo'd a 6x jr and soaked a gulp mackerel on a halibut rig. Nothing touched the 6x but I ended up catching about a dozen calicos on the gulp at 80 - 100'. They became a nuisance and pissed me off until I decided some of them had to die for dinner, they were 14" and 16". The breeze calmed around 10:00am, I landed at Noon, 6 hours and 10 miles per the gps. I wouldn't be surprised if some bigger fish were caught but I didn't see any and everyone I talked to just complained about those pesky calicos.

Caught about a dozen of these guys on the sabiki.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:24 PM   #2
madscientist

Nice tacos.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:17 PM   #3
Dan

thems good eatin. WTG Dave
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:09 PM   #4
zeelaagee

Send a message via AIM to zeelaagee
hey- that's a nice little stringer!

was landlocked holding an open house today in north county. luckily i was able to look out at the water and the hot moms jogging by through the 10x binos from the third story balcony most of the afternoon. about 2:30 i saw a huge rift across the water about 2 miles out- certainly looked like a feeding frenzy the best i could tell and i noticed what looked like jumping fish of decent size. species not identified... any guesses?

i also observed a small pod of dolphins as well as a whale moving north. it certainly lookd like a glorious day to be on the water! i wish i could have been out there!

i know it's not much of a report... but i thought it would be nice to share.
zeelaagee is offline   Reply With Quote