Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 01-15-2019, 08:41 PM   #1
captwoody
Junior

transporting 2017 outback

Do I have to transport the outback upside-down or can I transport it right side up with Malone saddles? Have neck injury and right side up would be much easier. and i am pretty sure I would have to pull seat
captwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 04:08 AM   #2
YakDout
Brandon

Right side up is better with saddles. Just make sure you have the correct space between them.
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:10 AM   #3
Iceman
Administrator

no saddles =upside down saddles =right side up
Old 01-16-2019, 06:42 PM   #4
captwoody
Junior

Thanks fellas I have racks on my Jetta wagon. Gonna mount saddles its low enough for me to load. My Jeep JK is to tall so wont be using it till I am stronger
Go back to Dr Feb 7 hoping to get clearance to use yaks. C6/C7 was fused in Oct so I have to pass xray and get Doc's clearance
Old 01-19-2019, 07:42 AM   #5
flyfishinsteve64

Send a message via Yahoo to flyfishinsteve64
Easy Grasshopper, those Yaks are heavy as you know. Don't be in a rush. You don't get many chances on those necks. Just a concern fellow broken neck dude looking out for you:-)
Steve
flyfishinsteve64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 07:54 AM   #6
captwoody
Junior

Just trying to get ready for my return. Go see doc Feb 7 hoping for more privilege's. I haven't even got to start PT yet. so its easy access fishing and float tubing for now. Probably get access to my inflatable's and center console before outback. But I can start getting my new to me car ready for it.

Thanks for looking out for me you know what I am going through. Hard going from active Fire Captain to cripple boy. And my ADD not helping DR's lets take it slow
Old 01-19-2019, 09:24 AM   #7
flyfishinsteve64

Send a message via Yahoo to flyfishinsteve64
I know its tough but I have been thru this crap most all my life. I have done more damage by doing stuff I'm not supposed to do. I do it every time. I'm up to 14 surgery's now and there will be more. So I have no room to talk. I have been afraid so many times that this is it I'm down for the count but I keep bouncing back. It has allowed me to talk the wife into some pretty good fishin trips in the past so you might want to work that angle:-). I think she's over it now. I've got my fair share for sure.

Good luck I'm sure we fish together soon
flyfishinsteve64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:19 PM   #8
YakDout
Brandon

All I’ve had was a seriously ruptured L5 S1 to the point where I wasn’t tying my own shoes for 6 weeks. No major back surgeries (yet). Dr advised me to have one but holding out for now. The hobie kayaks have been, believe it or not, great rehab for me. Whatever you can do to strengthen your current situation, go for it dude
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote