Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 10-28-2015, 07:33 AM   #1
OnTheWater123
Junior

Red face new- "starter" YAK

i have been looking to get into the this for some time now and after researching i have decided to either go with the x-caliber or the stealth-12 .

any one know cons and pros for these two yaks?

i decided between these two because the are a good size for someone that is starting like myself.

plus price is not to bad.

if anyone has any other yaks with same price range and or SPECS. please refer me to it.

thanks in advance.
OnTheWater123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:11 AM   #2
Mahigeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWater123 View Post
i have been looking to get into the this for some time now and after researching i have decided to either go with the x-caliber or the stealth-12 .

any one know cons and pros for these two yaks?

i decided between these two because the are a good size for someone that is starting like myself.

plus price is not to bad.

if anyone has any other yaks with same price range and or SPECS. please refer me to it.

thanks in advance.

Where do you live? I have a 14' Malibu X-factor coming up for sale. Lots of xtras.

You can see it in my report. Look for picture of Bob in a gas station.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:21 AM   #3
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
$500 AND IT'S YOURS SET UP READY TO GO except for milk create and pole holder
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1445834666361.jpg (22.1 KB, 149 views)
Old 10-29-2015, 05:38 AM   #4
Fishin' Magician

I have a Stealth 12 as well as a brand new X Factor. Both are great and extremely stable. Lots of storage room, especially on the X Factor. The Stealth 12 has the live bait tank in front which is very convenient and easily reached. The X Factor also has a live bait tank, but it's a little harder to reach.

My only critisizm of either one is that they are a bit on the heavy side and because of their width, a little on the slow side. Other than that, they're great. Perfect for the bays and for taking on the OEX Mothership trips.

I've yet to try beach launching in either one, but I plan to in the not too distant future.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:36 AM   #5
GeauxFish

I recently bought the Stealth 12' and really like it. The storage bins on each side of the seat are really convenient for bags of lures, pliers, stringer etc. also the gator hatch has molded seat for my 8 yr old daughter to comfortably sit and fish. She can also sit on the bow and paddle while I'm casting and fishing. Until I get my trolling motor installed, this works best for me. 😄 The bait tank is really convenient. 1 con- definately buy a self inflating cushion to put under any seat you may buy. Otherwise a bit rough on lower back after 4-5 hrs. I haven't found any other cons other than the fact that it's not a Hobie peddle driven rig. Great starter kayak though. My neighbor also has a brand new one for sale if you decide on the Stealth 12'. Just send me a PM for info
GeauxFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:30 AM   #6
OnTheWater123
Junior

the x-factor seems nice but a bit on the heavy side. i was more interested in the X-caliber a bit smaller smaller width than the stealth 12 and i believe a bit longer as well.
OnTheWater123 is offline   Reply With Quote