Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 09-08-2016, 02:33 PM   #1
maquinapescado

Redondo Kayak Launch Logistics Question

I've never launched from Redondo. I know where the dock is but.........

What's the deal with parking there? What's the earliest/latest you can pull into that lot and park and how much is it?

I went there today with my little guy to scope it out today and the lady in the booth was a total moron. Couldn't tell me shit. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank, Brian
Old 09-08-2016, 03:58 PM   #2
Mahigeer

The best bet would be to talk to the tackle shop staff on the pier. I have not been there a while, so my information maybe different.

If Scott is there, tell him Hashem sent you. The guy who installed the fishing line recycling container.

The tackle shop can validate for the whole day and parking used to be $2.00 with validation. I suggest a purchase of something in return.

If you eat at the Poly's on the pier, the validation is good for (2) hours. A $1.00 charge at the parking booth.

The piers is open at 6:30 AM. The pier closes when the last sport fishing boat gets back in the afternoon.

The restaurant closes at 2:00 PM. Good food, cash only.

Once again; a trip or phone call to the tackle shop is the best.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 05:19 PM   #3
jorluivil

The entrance is open 24/7, if the attendant isn't available just drive straight though

When you pull in go straight until you reach the pier entrance and go right, you can park next to the Porta potty or parallel/along the rocks and offload

Another option is......as soon as you pull in past the entrance go right and park next to Ruby's, there is a pathway that leads to the walkway near the boat launch. If you're fishing solo it's best to park first and walk your kayak to the launch

If the landing is open just walk inside, grab a candy bar or a coca cola, pay and ask them for a voucher. With the voucher you will pay a max of $2 regardless of how many hours you were there.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:34 PM   #4
maquinapescado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
The entrance is open 24/7, if the attendant isn't available just drive straight though

When you pull in go straight until you reach the pier entrance and go right, you can park next to the Porta potty or parallel/along the rocks and offload

Another option is......as soon as you pull in past the entrance go right and park next to Ruby's, there is a pathway that leads to the walkway near the boat launch. If you're fishing solo it's best to park first and walk your kayak to the launch

If the landing is open just walk inside, grab a candy bar or a coca cola, pay and ask them for a voucher. With the voucher you will pay a max of $2 regardless of how many hours you were there.

That's what I was looking for. Thanks Jorge.

I asked that lady in every way if I could go in there at 10pm, 4am or any other time and she just kept replying, "I don't know." I have no idea how I didn't get real crass with that lady if you know what mean.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:55 PM   #5
Raskal311

Quote:
Originally Posted by maquinapescado View Post
That's what I was looking for. Thanks Jorge.

I asked that lady in every way if I could go in there at 10pm, 4am or any other time and she just kept replying, "I don't know." I have no idea how I didn't get real crass with that lady if you know what mean.
The booth is un attended after midnight so if you leave after that you don't habe to pay.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:31 PM   #6
King Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post

That's what I usually do. A pack of skittles for the road.

If you get there before 630 the gates are usually open and there's no ticket to grab in which case you will need the voucher.
King Saba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:46 PM   #7
maquinapescado

Thanks for the tips guys.