Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2016, 12:30 PM   #1
ewhitney60

Mission Bay Classic PARKING!!!

Biggest pet peeve of mine is getting excited for a really cool event like the Mission Bay Classic.... Then you get there and have a living nightmare trying to find a place to park!

As all of you Mission Bay savvy people may know the easy places to park, I will be struggling to get out on the water as I am sure MANY other people will be. If you have an idea of the best place to park NOT at the OEX parking lot or the one by the boat ramp (as there will be 100 plus vehicles fighting for a spot) that would be GREATLY appreciate.

Thanks guys!
ewhitney60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 02:01 PM   #2
jorluivil

I don't get there the night before just because, I'd rather get there 12 hrs early and have a good time than to have to leave my house at 2am and fight for parking. I know for some it's not possible but that's why I always plan my day for this or any other large events as soon as the dates are set.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 02:37 PM   #3
Iceman
Administrator

We start checking people in at 6 am and start at 7am, so finding a spot in one of the 2 lots should not be a problem..........everyone coming later in the day will be the ones struggling.
Old 04-15-2016, 04:08 PM   #4
Sheephead

I plan on parking somewhere near by and kayaking over. Hoping that saves me "1-2 hours" trying to leave since there's construction on the road and only 1 lane.
Sheephead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 05:36 PM   #5
ewhitney60

I was thinking about kayaking over... I guess I will see in the morning how it goes!

Iceman I hope you're right!!

Thanks for your input guys. It's much appreciated.
ewhitney60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:28 AM   #6
Jimmyz123

For events like these you have to plan for the parking, in years past I've arrived at 2 A.M. and slept in my vehicle for a few hours to get a parking spot I wanted. Yesterday, I got there at 3:30 A.M. and the spot I like was taken, so I found another one, no big deal. Slept for a couple of hours. The event was nice, parking no issue, too bad the fish weren't playing like I wished they would. Thank you OEX for hosting this again.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote