Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 05:30 PM   #1
WookieWacker

Big Hammer Tournament Results

Well I hate to say it but it was a rough day on the water for most of our competitors and not because of the weather. To put it simply, the bite was just plain tough but that doesn’t mean that there weren’t any good fish caught. Bryan Davis won the event and he had it won before most of his competitors had even launched. On his third cast of the morning he stuck what would be the big Calico of the tournament, a bruiser that weighed in at 6 lbs 3 oz. He complemented that fish with one more that weighed in at an even 2 lbs. He caught his big fish on the new 5.5 inch Big Hammer, the same bait he used a week before to catch a Calico that went 7 lbs. Congrats to Bryan with an epic fish that helped him take home the lion’s share of the winnings which ended up being $145. And his first place finish put him in the lead in the point’s race.

In second place we had Mike Carson and he was the only guy to find a real pattern. He had 3 fish that totaled 5 lbs 10 oz and he only needed one more kicker fish to get the win but he couldn’t pull it off. Mike found his fish shallow in the 10 to 15 foot range around the hard bottom spots but he also caught one fish after casting at a boil. Mike managed some solid fish and amazingly enough it was his first time fishing Haskell’s beach!

Glen Davis was the only other person to weigh in a fish but it was good enough for 3rd place. His Calico weighed in at 2 lbs 11 oz. and was caught within his first 10 casts in the morning. His fish was caught on a 5 inch Big Hammer in Calico Hunter Red.

The next event is going to be on September 10th so keep that day clear and it maybe at a different location so keep a look out because I will be posting the information shortly.

Thanks again to all that participated, it was another great event!

Brian Kettler
Tournament Director

To see a pic of Bryan's fish go to http://www.kayaksportfishing.com/php...php?pic_id=781
WookieWacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 07:43 PM   #2
Lou Dog
Junior

Man, i thought i wouldn't catch a fish all day, i managed 3 Calico's but all were under 13"
Toughest bite i've fished in a while. Still a great time Brian, thanks again for having us. TL, Lou Dog 8)