Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
philr21

Catching Korean Brook Perch in Sancheong

Drove four hours to go seabassing in Mokpo on Friday night. The city was recently in a magazine for being a hotspot for seabass. Well, now the entire shoreline was gill netted. I caught the stupid things like three times. Finally gave up at 0100 after pedaling miles of shoreline for nothing. Slept in the truck thinking would catch a morning bite, but the wind picked up so came home empty handed.

Spent a night at home, then turned around and drove up to Sancheong. Lot of Korean brook perch (keokji), and also a chance at an elusive mandarin fish (sogari). Haven't gotten one yet, they are on my bucket list.

River had cleaned up nicely, but some as*hole decided to roll up, honk his horn, yell at me for having the kayak in the river. Doesn't make a lot of sense, as there were people rafting and fishing all over the river. When I pulled out of the water, he come rolling up hollering, until I got out of the kayak. As I'm 6'5", he quieted down considerably as soon as I stood up. Anyway, was time to move on to a new point. Spent the night in Sancheong, fished the morning and headed to a nearby reservoir to try for largemouth.
Attached Images

philr21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
philr21

Funny how much attention the truck and kayak get. You don't see Dodge Ram's in Korea unless they are near a base, and the aftermarket exhaust gets a lot of attention as well. One road construction guy smiled yesterday as I passed, gave me a big thumbs up. I waived, he waived back with a big grin. Almost comical.

Now if only the truck were 4WD.... never again buying 2WD truck.
Attached Images

philr21 is offline   Reply With Quote