Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #1
taggermike

Labor Day in South SD Bay

I knew most every where on or near the beach was going to a mad house yesterday so I stayed close to home and launched out of Jst around 8:00. The wind was already up a bit so I peddled up wind a ways and did one long drift back to the launch. It was a bite of fish per cast on the spotties for a while. Mostly smaller grade but a few nicers mixed in. Managed 1 corvina for my "exotic" of the day. The fish were a bit choosy and really wanted paler 3" swim baits.

Maybe some thing of interest to any birders out there. I saw a birds in the south bay that I have never seen there in 40 years of fishing. We have shearwaters that live near shore here in so cal. You also see another shearwater or storm petral off shore when looking for tuna. We always called them Bats because of the strange and unique way they weave, dodge, and dip as they fly. They are common but usually seen out of site of land. I saw a bat flying across the bay yesterday. Kinda cool to see. I tried looking up the bird but there are a couple dozen species that live off our coast. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote