Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2013, 04:33 AM   #1
Monovasia

Surf Fishing Florida

As u may recall, I left DP and moved to the thin air...up in the Mtn's of Colorado....miss the ocean stuff....Soooooo, had an opportunity to fish beach front in South Ponte Verde Beach.....in between St. Augustine and Jax....bought the Plano Airporter and freighted 6 poles and 7 reels down for a week of surf fishing.... 5 days and nary a bite....the big surf pole rigged out with squid and shrimp..NADA....the smaller stuff flipping metal and plastic...so much flipping I am going to need Tommy John Surgery when I get back to Colorado...never been skunked like this....gonna get back to Colo and break out the Revo and get some trout...
Monovasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
The pelican

If you're still there, I suggest fishing for Tarpon. My cousin was in Melbourne Beach (not too far south from you) last week. He landed a 90 lb tarpon. If you haven't ever caught one before, now's a great time to spend a day or two catching them. They jump like crazy. We go to Key West in the spring to catch them each year and it's hands down the most fun fishing I have done. Happy hunting!
The pelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
carbonbass

you should have pm'd "lowprofile" before you left. Search for some of his reports, Chris catches tiger sharks, cobia, bull sharks etc...
carbonbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #4
airgun
Junior

You may want to try and get some pinfish for bait and use them. It seems that everything that swims in Fl. eats those things, good luck.
airgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #5
Monovasia

Hey Thanks for the tips guys....

I will most definitely try all those suggestions next time down...
Monovasia is offline   Reply With Quote