Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
Drake

No problem Jor. Looks like you got the different cups than the ones I got. I went with the slotted ones because the green lids don't actually go all they way in, and it makes a little more room for bait. Also, I know it probably won't matter but I figured with the slits in the bottom their would be less drag when pulling them up. But agian, when its packed with bait I don't think it will matter. Let me know how those work. If they do I might make the switch because they have a lower profile by about 3/4"
Old 10-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
No problem Jor. Looks like you got the different cups than the ones I got. I went with the slotted ones because the green lids don't actually go all they way in, and it makes a little more room for bait. Also, I know it probably won't matter but I figured with the slits in the bottom their would be less drag when pulling them up. But agian, when its packed with bait I don't think it will matter. Let me know how those work. If they do I might make the switch because they have a lower profile by about 3/4"

10-4.....I forgot to mention that I used the ones that have the closed bottom, no need to have bait spilling out of the bottom.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
Drake

Made a small modification to the nets to better accommodate the pucks.

One came loose last night so I wanted to come up with a better way to secure them. This is what I came up with.

I cut the string that holds the tag ends of the netting together which forms the opening. Then I weaved a short bungee in the loops and zip tied them to the lower ring. I cut the end off so they wouldn't rust and get hung up, then burned the tips to clean them up.

The bungees cost $2.94 from home depot.

Took about 2 minutes for each hoop.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #4
Dirty Curti

Just thought I would share a picture of the double kayak storage stand I made with 1 1/4" PVC. Pretty simple and works perfect.

Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
Dirty Curti

In-hull transducer mounting. Works perfect.

Used plumbers puddy to create the ring.

Filled half way with goop and tape in place. Let stand at least 24 hours.

Remove the puddy.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
Dirty Curti

For those with Malibu Kayaks you know how difficult it is to reach the front pole holders. So I am gonna try this to bring the pole holder closer to me.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #7
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

thought i was innovative by adding tennis balls to the cart so the yak didnt rest on the cross bar... then drake told me the black spacers are adjustable...

so if you dont have the spacers and dont want to buy them. add some tennis balls... these ones seemed softer than normal.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #8
OutdoorAdvntr

i like the idea of front pole holder extender... i will try to make one but not for the pole but for camera mount extending towards the front to have a wide angle shot... i will use the concept... thanks for sharing!
OutdoorAdvntr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kayak fishing inovations, kayak rigging ideas