Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
SAR

First Thresher....sort of

I got on the water at 0645 and promptly abandoned my plan to go to the pier for bait instead paddling straight out to where the bouy's used to be (I met a guy named Dan on the beach who works for the company that sets the bouys, they should be out next week). After almost an hour of absolutly nothing I went to the pier and quickly filled my tank. I proceded straight out from the pier towards the far bouy turning southwest at the can. I was directly north of the condo and straight west of the launch in 100 feet of water when the flylined mac takes off. I put down my paddle, picked up the rod and engaged the reel, it loaded up and the fish was on. As my kayak is spinning around I hear a hugh splash about 20 yards behind me, as I'm wondering if that was "me" I see the shark clear the water again about 20 yards out. He came towards me and was close enough to the yak for me to see him clearly under water. He then went straight down below me and and the line cut at that point. He seemed to be about the size of Brad's "flying fish" from a few weeks ago. The whole thing lasted about two minutes but it was my first one and I thought it was great. Next time I hope he sticks around. That was absolutly the only action for me this morning and I made an ugly but successful landing around 1230.
SAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:05 PM   #2
lamb

sounds like fun day to me
Old 05-14-2007, 05:07 PM   #3
frugalfisher

Sounds exciting!

I'm still putting time on the water hoping I'll hook one someday.
James