Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2009, 09:35 AM   #1
dick fabulous

sinking feeling

I am a plus sized paddler(300lbs.). I have a cobra f n d with a 10" round hatch in front of the seat and a large rectangular hatch ahead of that. I am interested in a kayatank but reinstalling the round hatch while seated is difficult at best. Is there a cure other than dieting for this (bulkhead or such)? Can the kayatank be installed in the rectangular hatch instead? Please help and include pics if possible.
dick fabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:53 AM   #2
Gino

Thats a tough one. Best looking into a diferatn big mans kayak if you want a kayatank in it. I have a prowler big game, with a big regtangular hatch, and a small 8 inch round clear hatch installed into it. making it easy to reach in and grab a bait.

The Cobra FnD is a pretty good kayak for stability. I would look into still trying to use a bait tank put in the back. unless you want to install the kayatank in the center rectangular hatch. But it does not allow you to access the inside of the kayak very well if you were to stuff fish in it.

Last edited by Gino; 09-17-2009 at 01:38 PM. Reason: forgot info.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
driftwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by dick fabulous View Post
I am a plus sized paddler(300lbs.). I have a cobra f n d with a 10" round hatch in front of the seat and a large rectangular hatch ahead of that. I am interested in a kayatank but reinstalling the round hatch while seated is difficult at best. Is there a cure other than dieting for this (bulkhead or such)? Can the kayatank be installed in the rectangular hatch instead? Please help and include pics if possible.

Im not very comfortable replying to a guy who calls himself that. Can we call you Richard instead?
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:23 PM   #4
KennyHill

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
Im not very comfortable replying to a guy who calls himself that. Can we call you Richard instead?

maby its a girl?
KennyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:56 PM   #5
Billy V

Quote:
Originally Posted by dick fabulous View Post
I would suggest talking with CJ at OEX Mission Bay. He installs kayatanks in many different brands of kayaks. There may be a custom application that will work for you.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:57 AM   #6
j mo

My buddy gregg aka quilted germ runs that exact set up on his fnd that you speak of (kaya in the rectangular hatch). he is also a plus size paddler and needs to wear a Manzier or a "Bro" to prevent chaffing of his man boobies.....

Last edited by j mo; 09-18-2009 at 06:23 AM.
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #7
CurtyL

I think that's a great and funny name! Why not just make your own bait tube?
CurtyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:15 AM   #8
Geoffkoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyHill View Post
maby its a girl?
Classic!
Geoffkoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:39 AM   #9
Quilted Germ

Quote:
Originally Posted by j mo View Post
My buddy gregg aka quilted germ runs that exact set up on his fnd that you speak of (kaya in the rectangular hatch). he is also a plus size paddler and needs to wear a Manzier or a "Bro" to prevent chaffing of his man boobies.....
Please forgive my feable minded friend....I don't need a Manzie and I dont run the kayatank out of the rectangular hatch. The bait are in the round hatch...Jmo likes to speak without thinking too....may not want him up at the MLPA meetings....seriously.
Quilted Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:43 AM   #10
j mo

weak shiz
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:17 PM   #11
branch office
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino View Post
Thats a tough one. Best looking into a diferatn big mans kayak if you want a kayatank in it. I have a prowler big game, with a big regtangular hatch, and a small 8 inch round clear hatch installed into it. making it easy to reach in and grab a bait
Could you post a pic of this setup? Thanks....
branch office is offline   Reply With Quote