Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2016, 05:26 PM   #1
stevie951
Lurker

Well then...

Sorry Mods if this offends, or need to be removed.... BUT, since we get Shit on when we post up WFO Bites, Descriptive OTW reports, Pictures of awesome catch, blah blah blah, I will let you know how it went out of Oceanside Harbor Today.....Hehe KINDA NOT KINDA MORE NOT THAN SO chasing this so called bite going off... OTW by 055, $10 yak scoop for 6in sardines, real beefy, happy with the size, and an Easy paddle to the harbors mouth, then the reality set in with the waves crashing over each side of the jetty, POPCORN WASHING MACHINE SWELLS, with in all Honesty 10 - 15 knot winds mixed in, a fast moving North NE swell pushing us due west towards san O with Water temps 75.1 degrees greeeeen water you could see probably 20 feet down once sun broke and where we found ourselves due to the swell around 11.am, made it out about 3 miles due west of the Harbor Mouth for no love on the troll... A couple dif Jigs and Irons rigged up, surface with squid on the end,, one ready for a pop up or two,,, nada.. No Boils... Too Choppy to even wait around for anything to produce we turned back at that marker... Radio Chatter till about 1100 one or two hook ups each about 6-7 miles out "beach fishing" for the PB's, N' Cattle boat HA! but yeah.. A workout for the fish por nada... nasty nasty out there today, yet they are out there.. Waters heating up.. If you dare c Till' next skunk I'm able to report

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 05:32 PM   #2
fishnfoool

thanks

Thanks for report. Don't worry about what other people say. This is the report forum, you did it right.

Last edited by fishnfoool; 07-24-2016 at 09:19 PM.
fishnfoool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 05:42 PM   #3
TJones

X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnfoool View Post
Thanks for report. Don't worry about what other people sale. This is the report forum, you did it right.
What's up with wind ? Low and High counteracting each other? Looks like it's here to stay for a few ? Ok , let me see if the yellows are biting ? Maybe I'll throw up report ? . Peace guys.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:56 PM   #4
Maxfli123

Just curious what marker did you turn back on? Not trying to be mean fish there often and never seen a marker but it's a big ass ocean
Maxfli123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:04 AM   #5
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Yeah, it was like a washer machine out there. I trolled the rapala x30 in green mac the whole time and flylined a sardine for a while for nada. 2 miles out and it was only 150 feet deep. I kept seeing terns head straight north, so I was thinking I should've stuck with Dana or Newport. Either way, I can't believe by noon it was 76.3 degrees inside the harbor!
BTW, we heard quite a bit of chatter about Carlsbad canyon. One guy Said he shot a 40lb bft just 2-3 miles out while diving in the canyon. A few others reported fish in that same area.
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/57960dd8...25_055855.png?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2016, 05:54 AM   #6
stevie951
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfli123 View Post
Just curious what marker did you turn back on? Not trying to be mean fish there often and never seen a marker but it's a big ass ocean
No specific marker, my bad. Just meant the marker of us getting at least 2.5-3 miles out and turning back ha..

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:15 AM   #7
Dirty Curti

Yeah, it was a little brutal out there yesterday. It was good to meet up with you guys. It feels a lot safer with other guys around. We hit the wind wall earlier than I expected as I was thinking it would hit around 11:00 and it must have been a wall Donald Trump built. Stopped us cold from moving out any further.

So when I split from you guys and paddled over to the AR1, which took about 30 minutes, as soon as I hit the spot the tide and current kicks in aggressively. As soon as I would set on a spot and drop I was off the spot 25 yards. I had to paddle into the current to maintain a close vicinity of my spot. I had several bites with one biting clean through my 40 lb. leader. Didn't get to bring anything home.

I stayed out until 3:00 which was 9 1/2 hours on the water. I thought my arms were going to fall off when I made it back in.

Hopefully next time we meet up we find better conditions.

Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:22 AM   #8
Zed
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty View Post
Thanks for that. lol
Old 07-25-2016, 10:10 AM   #9
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Curti View Post
Yeah, it was a little brutal out there yesterday. It was good to meet up with you guys. It feels a lot safer with other guys around. We hit the wind wall earlier than I expected as I was thinking it would hit around 11:00 and it must have been a wall Donald Trump built. Stopped us cold from moving out any further.

So when I split from you guys and paddled over to the AR1, which took about 30 minutes, as soon as I hit the spot the tide and current kicks in aggressively. As soon as I would set on a spot and drop I was off the spot 25 yards. I had to paddle into the current to maintain a close vicinity of my spot. I had several bites with one biting clean through my 40 lb. leader. Didn't get to bring anything home.

I stayed out until 3:00 which was 9 1/2 hours on the water. I thought my arms were going to fall off when I made it back in.

Hopefully next time we meet up we find better conditions.
Nice meeting you out there. Too bad it was very sloppy making it hard to fish. Still stoked on the ridiculously warm water though

Old 07-25-2016, 10:12 AM   #10
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
Thanks for that. lol
Lol, you're welcome. I figured it's easiest to break it down barney style!

Know of any good launching spots near there?

Old 07-25-2016, 12:25 PM   #11
Dirty Curti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty View Post
Lol, you're welcome. I figured it's easiest to break it down barney style!

Know of any good launching spots near there?

Silbaugh, that is where I usually fish. But if there is a swell you don't want to launch.

Due to the shore migration from the storms it makes it a little difficult to launch around that area but when the swell is less than 3 ft. we can launch between the the jetty in front of the lifeguard tower.

Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote