Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2008, 04:14 AM   #1
bosco

Islander Trip tp SCI

Another great trip to SCI; woke up Sat. morning on the lee side to flat calm conditions. Crew had 21 kayaks in the water in less than an hour. Bonita were close to the island and thick, big bonnies up to 10 lbs. Lots of checkerboards on the big slug baits, chovies and dines. Yellowtail were breezin but didn't want anything we offered. One was taken on a mack (15 lb.). Sport boats were gettin em with the candy. Several small halibut were taken. Slight breeze in the afternoon made it a wookout gettin back to the Islander. As usual the Islander crew were on their game, top knotch service, the skiff guys did a great job of haulin bait and transporting fish back to the Islander. Trip highlight for me was when the Islander was making a move down the island thay spotted a big school of yellows and tried chumin them up and called us in. Picture 20 kayaks trying to corral a school of yellows..... but no biters. Richerd did another great job in the galley with chili sizes for lunch and pork loin and veggies for dinner. That's my report.... Waitin for the next trip! bosco
bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:11 AM   #2
bajadog
I eats what I kills

Killer weather too.

Next month.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:32 AM   #3
lamb

I was wondering how you guys did when I heard talk of big YTs at SCI.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:12 AM   #4
DESTROYER

Todos is right around the corner. Jeff Krieger and myself will be on that first trip. Here's to hoping the WSB and YT bite...If not them, Big Lings, Reds, and Goats. Who else is going on this trip?

Moyer
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:36 AM   #5
esdees
The Good Clone

I'm on it and I can't wait!
esdees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:17 AM   #6
Useful Idiot

Fun trip. I've never seen so many yellowtail in one afternoon. I was hop scotching from spot to spot of breezers for at least a mile. Slid in on a school that a PB'er was on (with permission) and watched them get bit instantly on live squid, but they wanted nothing to do with bait and iron. Bonita were everywhere but they pulled pretty good, thought a couple were yellows for a second. My g/f had a good time in the mini-x, caught plenty of bonitas, even gaffed one of her own. She also got ripped twice by yellows but couldn't get the reel in gear in time Cool to see so many fish nonetheless, kept it interesting all day long. Had they decided to bite it would've been easy 6 or 7 per kayaker, they were thick.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #7
Zed
BANNED

heard a couple reports on Hook-Up. Sounds like it was perfect conditions.

Z
Zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:41 PM   #8
PescadorPete

It was like fishing in an aquarium. Crystal clear water. I could clearly see the bottom in 50-60' of water. Schools of bait fish, bonita and YT swimming by under the kayak. I was sitting side saddle with a perfectly presented sardine on floro and could see the schools of YT swim by it without showing the slightest interest. Bassin' was not a good as on the other side of the island. I had the best luck with Gulp jerk shads in shallow water. See you on the June 9th trip.
PescadorPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 04:46 PM   #9
yakrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOYER THE FISH DESTROYER View Post
Todos is right around the corner. Jeff Krieger and myself will be on that first trip. Here's to hoping the WSB and YT bite...If not them, Big Lings, Reds, and Goats. Who else is going on this trip?

Moyer
I'm going...can't wait...
yakrider is offline   Reply With Quote