Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2009, 08:57 AM   #1
dick fabulous

Trophy Big Mouth

Hopefully I can get some quality feedback with this one. I really want to go after a huge freshwater bass but haven't been able to find some of the supplies I know will make all the difference in becoming successful. I have browsed through all the nascar shopping networks with no luck. Here are the items I feel would be most important:
1. glitter for the sides of my kayak
2. carpet for the deck and tankwell
3. a paddle with blades 5-10x the size of what would normally be used.
I realize the paddle might be a stretch but can't do without the glitter or carpet. Any response should be helpful.
dick fabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:37 AM   #2
Grego

Oh we have the same trophy fish in common...You can get the glitter and carpet from Joann's or a Michael's craft store, just get some 3M spray glue and then sprinkle the glitter on, same for the carpet just lay it down after spraying. As far as the paddle I recommend using two fiberglass basketball backboards, lightweight and just the size you are looking for. Haven't tried it myself so please post some pics!
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
dmrides

You also need one of those fishing shirts that has Ranger Boats and Berkeley written all over it.
dmrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #4
skatino
Junior

And don't forget to set the hook not only once...but twice, and maybe a third time for good measures. And don't forget jam your rod under water and horse the fish right in.
skatino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:06 PM   #5
Toad Patrol
Junior

Huh?

"Dick Fabulous" ? Shameless self promotion or dissapointing misnomer? Retired Elvis or Richard Nixon imatator? Ha! Pappy wanted to name me that too, but Mamma kicked him in the balls.
Sounds like your getting ready to do some serious Big Mouth "Bass" hunting. Glitter must be solid gold to highlight your Dolly Parton wig. Carpet? Purple shag, one word: Superfly! Fly the rainbow Jolly Rodger and have Elton John on the boom box. This way we can see you coming from far away. If you plan to go in the Ocean, don't firget to paint a picture of a cute baby seal on the bottom of your kayak. You could meet new and exciting friends that way....
I hear the Big Mouth are biting on lake West Hollywood right now!!!
Go Get em Dick!
Ouch,
Scott
Toad Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:24 PM   #6
Siebler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmrides View Post
You also need one of those fishing shirts that has Ranger Boats and Berkeley written all over it.

Dont be jealous. We just like to promote the people that help us out.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:10 PM   #7
Gino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Patrol View Post
"Dick Fabulous" ? Shameless self promotion or dissapointing misnomer? Retired Elvis or Richard Nixon imatator? Ha! Pappy wanted to name me that too, but Mamma kicked him in the balls.
Sounds like your getting ready to do some serious Big Mouth "Bass" hunting. Glitter must be solid gold to highlight your Dolly Parton wig. Carpet? Purple shag, one word: Superfly! Fly the rainbow Jolly Rodger and have Elton John on the boom box. This way we can see you coming from far away. If you plan to go in the Ocean, don't firget to paint a picture of a cute baby seal on the bottom of your kayak. You could meet new and exciting friends that way....
I hear the Big Mouth are biting on lake West Hollywood right now!!!
Go Get em Dick!
Ouch,
Scott
:biggrinje ster:

Cant stop laughing, nicely done.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote