Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 08-01-2005, 02:48 PM   #1
sitinsidejim
sitinsidejim

August the first

Lanched to overcast skys at least the wind was not blowing like it has been a little breeze. Surf was not big just a little choppy and got a little wet while lanching. Bait was a S.O.B to make today. It took a while but I finally got enough by moveing around a lot. Things look pretty quiet today. I mostly fish the n.w corner and south. Some other kayakers out today once I got to the n.w corner I was all by myself. Caught a 5lb. calico on bait at the n.w corner and was released. Slow trolled all around for nothing. Start to troll towards the inside on the out side there was a strong current deep it push the kelp down you could not see the kelp. On the way in got bit on bait all I felt was big head shakes no runs. I figured it was a big calico. got it up and turned out to be a 15lb. white seabass. I did not gaff it I got a hold of it and was thinking to myself you know there are bigger white seabass out there. So I released it so it could fight another day and be a little bigger. That was it for me. Got the inside and everbody was gone. So I do not how anyone else did. Good luck Jim.
sitinsidejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 05:56 PM   #2
lamb

Thanks for the report Jim! WTG on WSB release.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:14 PM   #3
Corey

Jim, What are you, Crazy?! Just kidding, man. Nice job on the release. I can't say that I would've done the same. I still haven't caught one this year. I'm hoping to get another shot before I leave for a week to Indiana on friday.

get bent,

corey
Old 08-01-2005, 08:31 PM   #4
sitinsidejim
sitinsidejim

to Corey

Corey. your probably right about me being crazy for letting that fish go. I have caught a couple of bigger white seabass this year and the way I was looking at it, that it was it was pay back time. The white seabass have made a great come back and I belive you do not have to keep everything that you catch. Besides I still got to pull on that fish. That was the fun part. Hang in there I am sure you will get your white seabass soon. Good Luck Jim.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:42 PM   #5
swinginFish

C&R

Jim,

Aside from being the only one of us to fish LJ from a "real" kayak, the release of a 15lb wsb is the mark of a true _________.

Thanks for the vicarious thrills.

Avery
swinginFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 08:01 AM   #6
sitinsidejim
sitinsidejim

to swinginFish

Hey! Avery good to hear from you. How was your tuna trip. I know it would not be a kayak report but would love to hear about it and drool a little. Jim.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:13 PM   #7
swinginFish

jim, check your private mail - avery

jim, check your private mail - avery
swinginFish is offline   Reply With Quote