Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2014, 08:14 PM   #1
Teambcw

2015 Mirage Outback

Hello all,

I went to OEX (sunset) today to try out a Cuda 12 before I bought it. I went out for a couple hours and really enjoyed the Cuda. I went back in to chat before I left and saw the '15 outback and I really like the new seat and think it is a huge step up from last years outback. I plan on going back to try the '15 revo out as it's the closest thing to the new Mirage. I have never had a chance to try out a Hobie and look forward to it now. I cycle a good amount and the idea of using my legs makes me feel way better about putting some mileage in. I know this kayak just came out but any input would be greatly appreciated. I will be fishing Carrillo and LB mostly before heading outside. I am tired of hauling my boat out by myself and or having friends flake and me getting assed out on fishing time. Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Teambcw; 09-18-2014 at 08:37 PM.
Teambcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 04:47 PM   #2
Teambcw

Any opinions on the 2015 outback?
Teambcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:54 PM   #3
Afran
fishy

I had the opportunity to fish the 2015 Outback and Revo 11. I am already a fan of the Outback shape and usability, but the new seat puts it over the top for me.

After a few hours of fishing in a standard kayak, my lower back has a bit of discomfort. This new seat really changes the game with the amount of adjustability.

I enjoyed it, but if you can take a demo on one, that's the best plan for you.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:14 PM   #4
MissileTM

i love mine. It is like a mini PA. The new seat is awesome. It is also easy to stand in and very stable. I swapped out the ST fins tonight with Turbo fins. Gonna try out the glide drive in my PA tomorrow and see what difference is.
MissileTM is offline   Reply With Quote