Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #21
roadx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
That would have been a nice kill shot with a spear.............but what's up with that hole!?!
that looks like a grab hitching a ride
Old 04-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #22
tunaseeker
TB Metal Art

Sounds like you are gonna have to move the seminar to the Sports Arena Oh BTW nice fish.
tunaseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #23
roby
CEO of Team Roby

Great read and nice fish....somebody take notes for me at the seminar
roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:00 AM   #24
Sherm

I spent 12 hours in the saddle fishing to learn from you Josh and now you're doing seminars? Don't give away all your secrets.

Sorry I won't be here this weekend. It would be fun to sit in back and yell out "your time is up" every once in a while.
Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #25
THE DARKHORSE

Thanks for the positive energy, guys. Right back at ya'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepdvr
Way to go on that 30 lb. +/- bluegill of the sea!!! I think I'll have Adi do some forensic research on the carbon dating of that photo to make sure it really happened after you entered WCW.

The seminar should be a great opportunity for people who can make it. You can tell them you're only a little behind deepdvr in the WCW standings for the month.

What's the story with the gouge on that yellow? You taking a bite out of crime?

Good job amigo!

I haven't even submitted a fish yet and the time and weight is being questioned already; tough crowd!

On that note: I wouldn't believe the weight of your (deepdvr) fish either, if I wasn't ten-feet away when you sank the gaff .

This fish was caught a few hours after I entered WCW on Saturday. Something in my gut told me it was going to be a nice day, which it was. I had my partner for the day bring a fish-bag with ice---and a six-pack of Fat Tire to celebrate after we sealed the deal. In no time we were celebrating the life of our fish. Fat Tire is a tasty brew, but after a couple of fish---even better!

About this time, Adi rolled up on his 26' kayak, with twin engine two-strokes purring---yelling 'where's the fish'? I pointed at the thick lump in the bag on the back and made a gesture towards the school my client and I were following. He was courteous enough to continue slow trolling on their original heading; as apposed to casting over our heads! Which was a classy move in my book.

I wonder what A.S.G. would have done?

And no panic shot here; the hole below the dorsal isn't from me. You can tell it's partially healed with the dark areas around the hole. A fresh gaff wound doesn't look like that. Yellowtail are tough, and it's common that they have previous heart-break written all over them. Literally. It does look like a previous panic, gaff shot, though. This fish was gaffed right in the heart and created quite the chum slick.

While I left the kane pole at home, this fish did eat the rope; straight 40 lb Izorline. Fifteen pounds of drag and a couple of near capsize moments later---she was toast!

Nice hat. Apparently each one comes packed with positive fish karma. Right Josh?

I think the 'Let Us Fish' hat comes with a guaranteed White Sea Bass, Yellowtail and Halibut every month you fish . Every angler in California should have one---or ten!

Ice-fishing? That would explain the launching in jogging pants during the month of December. Now that's hardcore, boys! I-heart-Sharon.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #26
Tandem Assassin

Turn Right When Other Go Left

Sounds like Saturday at 10:00 there is only one place to be. LJ will be as vacant as a desert
Tandem Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:08 AM   #27
catchnfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
I already pre-ordered my dvd and set the dvr to record until the dvd arrives. wont be able to make it saturday so its pod cast for me.

nice fish too
I wont be able to make it but is there gonna be a podcast that i can check out?
catchnfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #28
WCW Moderator
Super Moderator

I pulled the name and location of the Seminar,(the only thing pulled) as it is at a direct competitor's store........so check you PM for inquiries. Happy to promote your services, but hard to accept OUR forum being used to promote a competitor's store.

Last edited by WCW Moderator; 04-20-2011 at 09:45 PM.
WCW Moderator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #29
Phatford
Heroes on the Water Staff

Makes sense to me since it is another shop... but at least give us the date and time Mr. Josh P. Will be at OEX for a seminar!
Phatford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:00 PM   #30
TCS

Bitter

taste...

Last edited by TCS; 04-20-2011 at 09:36 PM.
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:00 PM   #31
driftwood

A simple private message to Josh would of sufficed....

Last edited by driftwood; 04-21-2011 at 06:02 AM.
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:29 PM   #32
Iceman
Administrator

As I wrote this I KNEW someone would get riled up for one reason or another. My post was not any kind of reprimand it was merely explaining why the original post was edited.

Quote:
I pulled the name and location of the Seminar,(the only thing pulled) as it is at a direct competitor's store........so check you PM for inquiries. Happy to promote your services, but hard to accept OUR forum being used to promote a competitor's store.

Last edited by WCW Moderator; 04-20-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:42 PM   #33
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKHORSE View Post
<
About this time, Adi rolled up on his 26' kayak, with twin engine two-strokes purring---yelling 'where's the fish'? I pointed at the thick lump in the bag on the back and made a gesture towards the school my client and I were following. He was courteous enough to continue slow trolling on their original heading; as apposed to casting over our heads! Which was a classy move in my book.

I wonder what A.S.G. would have done?
Wow... Harsh.

Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:30 PM   #34
Gino

My dad is a hunter, who gets seasick standing on a jetty... same with mom. Grandma didnt mind fishing, shes the "sit in a chair and read a book while soaking powerbait" sorta gal, Not my taste...

How i got into fishing? 6am... Bill Dance Outdoors, InFisherman, and Bass Masters Classic... I was the only kid up every day (and saterdays) at 530am before school watching fishing shows. when summertime came, and mom and dad worked, My sister had the babysitter, My parent dropped me off at the lake I guess i could thank mom and Dad for being cool with the fact i liked fishing so much growing up. Kept me out of ALOT of trouble.

Thanks to all the parents and family who take there kids fishing, You can learn more about life, and about the world around you by just soaking a nightcrawler.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #35
sandydiego
Rum Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino View Post
My dad is a hunter, who gets seasick standing on a jetty... same with mom. Grandma didnt mind fishing, shes the "sit in a chair and read a book while soaking powerbait" sorta gal, Not my taste...

How i got into fishing? 6am... Bill Dance Outdoors, InFisherman, and Bass Masters Classic... I was the only kid up every day (and saterdays) at 530am before school watching fishing shows. when summertime came, and mom and dad worked, My sister had the babysitter, My parent dropped me off at the lake I guess i could thank mom and Dad for being cool with the fact i liked fishing so much growing up. Kept me out of ALOT of trouble.

Thanks to all the parents and family who take there kids fishing, You can learn more about life, and about the world around you by just soaking a nightcrawler.
We had 300+ cubscouts, little brothers, and sisters come through our Fishing Beltloop Booth at Scout Fair last week. The kids learned about the rules and regulations, practiced casting and used plastic worms and powerbait.

A special thanks to:

Fish and Game
for setting me up with over 300 Fishing passports.

Gamakatsu USA
provided the hooks.

CJ from OEX
set us up with plastics for the kids to bait the hooks.

The amount of enjoyment was unbelievable. We were the last booth to shutdown at 4:15.
sandydiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:59 PM   #36
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

someone record the seminar.!!! and post here
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:05 PM   #37
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredantz View Post
someone record the seminar.!!! and post here
I'll record it.....in my head.