Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
calderonmike
Junior

catching a thresher

hey everyone!!!
this is my first post and I am new to kayak fishing but not new to fishing. My question is what are you all using to catch threshers and how do you take care of them. I never caught one and been itching to catch one. and once you catch one do you guys bleed the gills or hit it with a club? might be fishing this Saturday around the Seal Beach area. I just moved to Seal Beach from San Diego. I am fishing from a 14.5ft native manta ray. its a very nice yak. any tips will be greatly appreciated.. Oh and one more question is if Malibu is still a good place to fish? was up there the other day and it seems like a rad place to fish. dont know if its a no fish zone now

Fish On!!!
calderonmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:07 AM   #2
Deamon

I was up at Malibu this past weekend and there were some yak fishermen next to the pier. Maybe they can check in on what they're catching. There's a ton of access spots around Malibu but most of it looks like sand bottom. You can see a few kelp spots driving down but they're pretty small. I noticed very few boaters in this area though.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:28 AM   #3
Jzo

Great read on Thresher
http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/...thresher-shark
Jzo is offline   Reply With Quote