Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 12:39 PM   #1
fishdude

5/7/

Launched 5:00 am. Straight out, easy bait. Bait balls all over the place. Limited on time so out I go. Barrys,bonita on the inside, get out around the corner 120 feet of water, off the point a bit. One low one high nothen happening.
Put a salas 6x jr on second cast, WHAM, off to the races i go. Up and down for 15 min, something seems different, o'well keep pumping takes a few runs and holds down like a anchor, then I get color, wow that is the biggest and longest tail on a halibut I have ever seen,@$#$@%^%$#^
Its a huge, RAY!!!!!!!!

I went from happy boy to hell boy in a blink of an eye.
One hell of fight is all I can say about that.
fishdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:44 PM   #2
madscientist

More than a few huge halibut have morphed into rays, leopards, and guitar fish at color for me as well. Always a letdown.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:26 PM   #3
kayak jack

I always appreciate a good fight, most of the time, but it's always nice to catch something, that you can brag about.
kayak jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:54 PM   #4
Spinal Tap

Fishdude,

What was the vis like near the kelp? I'm hearing positive reports but those are coming from surfers.

thanks
Spinal Tap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:25 AM   #5
fishdude

Visibility is getting much better, could see the ray at least 20 feet down at 130 feet of water, knew what it was not at about 15 to 10 feet.

I was cruising the coast Wed. and saw one big ass RED TIDE patch from O side down to Solana??????????
A little worried, hopefully it stays north or just goes away.

On another note was out Tuesday and La Jolla looks like Mt Saint Helens a week before it pops, bait all over and white and Yellows cruising all over.
fishdude is offline   Reply With Quote