Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2015, 05:44 AM   #261
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
HAHAHAHA!!! I've done Baja enough times. And I know the scouting required to dial in a new location. No fish stops for me and Robert. We're driving straight to Ross' place.

I'm also bring a few olive branch switches and I plan on riding Ross like the lean, mean, knowledgeable Baja burro that he is. Giddyup Rossie...take me to your 150 yellow spot...now let's go to your 40# spot...

Jim
I will be holding nothing back (except from maybe my nemesis Sven) but chances are you will find some spots that I haven't found yet. If you guys have any Raider jigs in you quiver you might want to bring them along. I started using one this week mainly because there are a good number of wahoo roaming the waters and at Zed's suggestion they might bit attracted to the Raiders. Hit a new area yesterday and no hoo but managed 9 yellows on the Raider before being blown off at 10 am. All were pretty small between 8 and 12 lbs but stuck one nice chunky 20 pounder.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 08:22 AM   #262
Zed
BANNED

Yer doin it wrong. Again w the bycatch. Must be 9 [150?] dumber than your average yellows. You gotta wind faster or something.

Bounty on the first pelagic caught while fishing for them.

Rossman make sure Jumbo Jim does NOT get any of MY waypoints! He and The Svede have their own bycatch issues.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:10 AM   #263
Zed
BANNED

I'm sorry. That's not in the spirit of community. I'll share my calico area and you can do what you want.

Shaded Red is good calico bass areas. And I left in some spots where I hooked bottom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BassAreas.jpg (35.5 KB, 143 views)
Old 11-13-2015, 10:05 PM   #264
greenscales
greenscales

Now for the important import: how many of your are a craft beer geeks and what types l do you like? (Hoppy, Dark, booze you, etc.)
Rossman - specifically you?
I want to p/u some seasonals from a few breweries (Punkincinno & some fresh hopped) and maybe pull a few from my cellared selection (old Brandy or bourbon barreled aged or sours). But I don't want to waste the room or beer if none of you will enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenscales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 01:43 PM   #265
EastLosYaker

Very generous Richard. I'm always up for a taste.

Last edited by EastLosYaker; 11-15-2015 at 02:19 PM.
EastLosYaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:06 PM   #266
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenscales View Post
Now for the important import: how many of your are a craft beer geeks and what types l do you like? (Hoppy, Dark, booze you, etc.)
I want to p/u some seasonals from a few breweries (Punkincinno & some fresh hopped) and maybe pull a few from my cellared selection (old Brandy or bourbon barreled aged or sours). But I don't want to waste the room or beer if none of you will enjoy.

While I certainly enjoy my beer, what I don't know about craft beer 's would fill a lot of books. Something lite and blond would be something I would certainly sample. Not a fan of the darker heavier beers. Trying something new would be a treat but not something I would truly miss if it didn't happen. If you are short on space, fill it up with what you think you are going to need.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Old 11-16-2015, 07:20 AM   #267
buddha

Quote:

I am like Ross I like light ambers mostly and not dark beers. I am more of a red wine guy.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 11:03 AM   #268
farreola

Newby

Hi Guys,

My name is Frank and I'm new to Kayaking, and to posting in any type of forum. I was wondering if I could tag along on your next trip so I can pick your brains and learn as much as possible from you guys. I live in Calexico Ca. last stop in the US before crossing to Mexicali. I am Familiar with the San Felipe area and somewhat with Puetecitos. Went to Puertecitos a couple of weeks ago for My 1st Kayak fishing trip, hopefully the 1st of many to come. Still working on the details but I can either meet you guys at the Am/PM on 98 entering Calexico or meet you out in Gonzaga, as I'm still working with my schedule
farreola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 03:05 PM   #269
buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by farreola View Post
Hi Guys,

My name is Frank and I'm new to Kayaking, and to posting in any type of forum. I was wondering if I could tag along on your next trip so I can pick your brains and learn as much as possible from you guys. I live in Calexico Ca. last stop in the US before crossing to Mexicali. I am Familiar with the San Felipe area and somewhat with Puetecitos. Went to Puertecitos a couple of weeks ago for My 1st Kayak fishing trip, hopefully the 1st of many to come. Still working on the details but I can either meet you guys at the Am/PM on 98 entering Calexico or meet you out in Gonzaga, as I'm still working with my schedule
Here is next year's schedule for baja trips. Just sign up for them or contact Makobob to join in on the fun.

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=27124
Old 11-16-2015, 03:53 PM   #270
farreola

what time do you guys usually get to Calexico and do you always stop at the AmPm...I saw the videos. I was hoping i can catch the group there for the next upcoming trip.
farreola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 03:55 PM   #271
buddha

Quote:
what time do you guys usually get to Calexico and do you always stop at the AmPm...I saw the videos. I was hoping i can catch the group there for the next upcoming trip.
We usually leave from El Cajon, CA at 5 AM. So approximately 2 hours more or less.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:00 PM   #272
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
The next upcoming trip is the NEW Years trip and we should be at the am/pm around 7am. Please let me know if you are going.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:38 AM   #273
makobob
Baitless on Baja

A WEEK from now we will be fishing Asuncion.
JIM, so you want good spots?????? We know JUAN! Do you know JUAN? If not then you need to meet him. He has been catching WAHOO the last couple of weeks. And I am sure he would be happy to put you and some friends in his panga and show you what he knows. And that 150 YT spot, well it is no secret, just ask Sven.
Guys you can always rent a panga from Juan or other panga fishermen in Asuncion, or do it the BAJA or BUST way, just follow Rossman at 4 am to San Roque fish a few hours and come home around noon when the wind starts to build. The island is only about 2.5 miles from the launch, even Makobob can make the crossing. There is a reef about 1/2 way to the island that holds Yellows. BTW if you need help Sven has been known to TOW anglers home. Tight Lines and Fishy Dreams.
JIM, last trip down, Sven caught a WSB there............................................. ..in daylight!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
HAHAHAHA!!! I've done Baja enough times. And I know the scouting required to dial in a new location. No fish stops for me and Robert. We're driving straight to Ross' place.

I'm also bring a few olive branch switches and I plan on riding Ross like the lean, mean, knowledgeable Baja burro that he is. Giddyup Rossie...take me to your 150 yellow spot...now let's go to your 40# spot...

Jim

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 11-18-2015, 11:05 AM   #274
makobob
Baitless on Baja

So it looks like everyone is leaving EARLY??? WHO will be meeting Sven, Buddha and me at the Mc Donalds? I think Jim, green scales and Kevin are all leaving early, is that right? Thanks guy's, tight lines. See you all soon.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 11-18-2015, 09:10 PM   #275
EastLosYaker

Hey Bob, Still working out the logistics, but it looks like Greenscales and I will be leaving LA super early Sunday morning. Hope we can make it down before dark. I think Jim is also leaving Sunday morning, but they'll have a couple hour head start.
EastLosYaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:14 PM   #276
buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastLosYaker View Post
Hey Bob, Still working out the logistics, but it looks like Greenscales and I will be leaving LA super early Sunday morning. Hope we can make it down before dark. I think Jim is also leaving Sunday morning, but they'll have a couple hour head start.
Did you switch cooking days with either Jim or Greenscales?

Let Makobob know.

I am curious about this chicken you are cooking.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:27 PM   #277
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastLosYaker View Post

I'm pretty sure Jim and Romspacenut are leaving Saturday morning. I'm sure you know this but the Baja 1000 is this week with start/finish in Ensenada. I think it finishes Sunday so that area will be a madhouse. Closures and detours will mess with your timing. The earlier the better through that area on Sunday.
— Herman Melville

Old 11-19-2015, 11:30 PM   #278
greenscales
greenscales

Race ends Saturday night - I have been caught in it on the road to PST, boy did I piss some
Racers off. Sunday are the awards in the AM and all other areas look like a Zombie Apocalypse and eerily quiet (1000 miles capped by shooting tequila until sunrise will do that). So driving in Sunday will have a couple small bad spots with other areas better than usual. Monday will be worse with school and farm worker busses and pedestrians in every town while others try to clean up the trash from the race.
I kept Wed for food since I need to be back by Sunday as well. Rossman - do I need to bring pans, etc. for cooking in?

greenscales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 12:24 AM   #279
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Race ends Saturday night - I have been caught in it on the road to PST, boy did I piss some
Racers off. Sunday are the awards in the AM and all other areas look like a Zombie Apocalypse and eerily quiet (1000 miles capped by shooting tequila until sunrise will do that). So driving in Sunday will have a couple small bad spots with other areas better than usual. Monday will be worse with school and farm worker busses and pedestrians in every town while others try to clean up the trash from the race.
I kept Wed for food since I need to be back by Sunday as well. Rossman - do I need to bring pans, etc. for cooking in?

No need to bring pots and pans.
— Herman Melville

Old 11-20-2015, 04:38 PM   #280
MrPukaShell

Have fun guys, safe travels
MrPukaShell is offline   Reply With Quote