Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2010, 10:53 AM   #1
maui jim

Catalina Thurs. and Fri.

Finally got my brother to take his 25' Trophy with a sweet swim step to Catalina, for some fishing and bugging.
I am going to bring the yak since he has the room, I could use some advise on some areas to fish.

I see the big Bonita are on the west end but we would like to try around Whites landing or Twin Harbors, also is there a bait boat somewhere over there?

any tidbits would be aprecated.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
TT5150
Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maui jim View Post
Finally got my brother to take his 25' Trophy with a sweet swim step to Catalina, for some fishing and bugging.
I am going to bring the yak since he has the room, I could use some advise on some areas to fish.

I see the big Bonita are on the west end but we would like to try around Whites landing or Twin Harbors, also is there a bait boat somewhere over there?

any tidbits would be aprecated.
"Everything" I know says that cove in front of parsons landing is the hotspot. We did Parsons about 2 months ago from the Yaks. Visibility was insane, great wind protection, and the boat dropped us in our yaks about 50 feet from shore. Read a lobster book and that area is best for diving according to the book.
TT5150 is offline   Reply With Quote