Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
Amish Ed

NPH, 6-21-11

Well nothing like yesterday, but then again I wasn't expecting that either. Launched about 6am and was back about 11am. Water was a balmy 68º and a little dirty, slight onshore breeze and cool. The sun never came out and the wind picked up about 9:30am. The current was almost nil most of the morning. But, once it started away from low tide there was just enough to be even with the wind.

Never got into a hot bite, but just a slow pick all day. I did find some fish in an area I'm not used to seeing them, so I'll have to check it out some more next time. Pretty much stuck with my secret weapon most of the trip though I did throw a swim jig too for a couple fish. That one was a red Tenacious Slayer w/a firetiger skirt and 3" Flurry in spoiled rotten for the trailer. At the end I finally threw a plain 4" Flurry in Key lime which got me a short butt who bit me. I also threw the 4" in gold chovey. Everything had Hot Sauce on it. Finished the day with 7 legal spotties to about 2lbs and 2 sandies. Over all it was fun and eliminates one area to pre-fish. Had it been the tournament, I would've weighed maybe 8lbs.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:08 PM   #2
Amish Ed

Forgot to mention that on the way in I saw some kind of bird (Osprey?) pull a spottie out of the water and fly off. The bass kept squirming and the bird almost lost it a couple times. It was awesome.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #3
PapaDave

Those birds are good, I was thinking of training one and having it tied to the yak...
PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
Amish Ed

It was pretty damn amazing. I've seen a lot on the water, but never that.