Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
THE DARKHORSE

Ho Ho Ho...

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the Sea, not a creature was stirring, not even me. Although below the surface there was plenty of glory, more than enough Rain-Deer for a long overdue, Darkhorse story.

If it's glory that you seek, well my friend, seek and 'ye shall find. For only those who actually hunt around these parts will ever (consistently) catch the Right-kind. Luck comes and goes, mind you, but don't ever expect it when you seem to need it most. For in this game of Chess, it really doesn't matter if and when you feel that, you get close.

As the story goes, the stockings were hung from the bow and sterns of plastic crafts with care. In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would paddle or pedal there. While most children were nestled all snug in their beds. With visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads. Some, while still quite young, had already caught the kayak fishing bug.

Opting for the comfort of sitting inches above water---holding a Slug!

With mama in her kerchief, and I in my cap, we had just settled our brains for a long Winter's nap. I'm sure you'd agree: it sure is nice, that most anglers sit and wait for the slow-melting ice. For this is the time of year, when it seems as if you have your own arena. When on any given day you'll have, dare I say, miles and miles between 'ya.

While on most days I chose a tight-camouflaged-leotard, armed with nothing more than my trusty speargun.

With many days spent sixty feet down...

I had already harvested a year's supply of Ceviche (and then some) for fun.

Oh, wait, who are we kidding---there's no ice after all, just an occasional need for extra knitting. Dare I mention that poor gear of yours. You know, the fishing gear that you sent in for service? I must ask to you now: how this short story (assuming you've ever read one of these before) must make you feel nervous.

When, just days ago, along the kelp-line arose such a chatter. I sprang from my kayak to see what was the matter.
The camouflaged suit on this day was replaced with breathable waders. I adorned my uniform once more. And even decided to log on as, The Darkhorse, armed with sword and shield for the haters.

For this time, like many before, I come as a friend. And anyone who actually knows the rest of this story---would be quick to tell you there's no end. I recently sprang from a sleigh ride of my own, to give my team a whistle, and away they all flew like the down of a thistle.

So here's hoping you all have something similar under your tree. For we all know that nothing, especially our time away from family is free.

If you were there you might have heard me exclaim, as I was dragged out of sight---Happy Christmas to all and to all a good night.