Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2016, 09:29 PM   #61
momo fish

Word!!

We should just swim out with a knife and a rope and hunt like the good old primitive days.. Screw those people trying to make things easier.. WTF is wrong people these days!!

Let me know what day works best for you.. I'll bring a video camera.... Wait, I meant a rock and dye to write with..

Quote:
Originally Posted by govomit View Post
Phishphood, didn't perform CPR on grandma ? Shame on you.
For the rest I'm with you all the way - hard made bait, hard to ID specimen, adrenaline, confusion, etc. Nobody is perfect in extreme situations, especially without much experience.

Big thumbs up for not having a fish-finder! How strange nobody is talking about fairness in this sport...
You love the fish so much that reviving is your primary goal ? Then leave your FF at home! FF fishing is like drone warfare - you win because of superior technology, not skill.
In the not so distant future we'll be able to just shoot them from the surface. What kind of "sport" would that be ? Like contemporary "hunters" with $$$ rifle scopes - a massacre.
For thousands of years fishing has been an (almost) fair hand-to-hand combat in the ocean. "Progress" has brought so many gizmos as to transform us in meat-harvesting cyborgs.
If you really like nature, think about balance and fairness. And resist electronics.
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:10 PM   #62
Pinhead
We all Stink Sometimes!

GOVOMIT: .....Like contemporary "hunters" with $$$ rifle scopes - a massacre.

Careful here........we ethical kayak'ers can be hunters / conservationists too.

Even with my $$$ rifle scopes - I've never seen a *massacre* on any of my rifle or archery hunts. I hunt ethically, follow the game laws and it's always fair chase hunting, not getting, slaughtering, massacring etc....

Remember unity. Anti's are likely trolling our Forum and already poke at us enough without division among the ranks.

Pinhead Out!

Pinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:55 PM   #63
nudling
Junior

Congrats on your first Phisphood and for handling the constructive criticisms like a champ. We all get excited at times and do things that aren't ideal.

I think I ran into you in Monterey in 2012 -- your kayak is distinctive and I have a pic with it in the background as you were packing up (I was the guy w/the 3 fish and yellow hobie AI).
nudling is offline   Reply With Quote