Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 09-12-2005, 10:03 AM   #1
Dennis

LJ 9/12 am

Not much to report.. For me anyways.
Launched 0515 to small crumbly surf. Light winds out of the south east. Stiff south winds once you passed the point, which made the seas choppy. Water vis. 10-15 feet. Water temp. 66. It looked like the sun was going to bust out, but the clouds got thick. It's probably clear by now. Bait was a little easier to make, I didn't spend a lot of time catching them. Four spanish in the tank, that was all.. and I was off. Trolled one on top and one on below for nothing. No signs of life were I was. Landed at 0945 with open faced waves.. Looked like they picked up a bit. Spoke to Ryan, who caught a 80 bsb. His first time fishing LJ... can't beat that..
See you on the water,
Dennis
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 10:22 AM   #2
madscientist

Same generally slow day for me. Some YT showed up out deeper inside as I was heading, but I couldn't get one to bite. Others did. Watch Ad make a thrilling landing and had to punch back out of a nasty one before I surfed in. Got really nice at the end, but the morning was breezy, cool, and cloudy.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 01:23 PM   #3
vellocity

if you know how to get a hold of RYAN let him know i got his photos..
80# BSB maybe more says the DFG guy at the ramp who i showed this photos to!!!
congrats Ryan!

to recap my morning, it was dead from dark thirty until i had to photo beeyatch Ryan's BSB
the midway area seemed dead, so i fast trolled a rapala to cover ground and check out the whole NW outside corner..
around 930am i headed back in to near the reserve bouy after reading Andy's report of yesterday..
on my way in i meet some guy in a navy blue Malibu Extreme who told me about a kayker who caught multiple YT's outside of the Pier mid morning yesterday! so i headed in.
slow trolled at the canyon's edge at about 150' just outside of the reserve when i finally saw some nervous water... call the boys IN as i saw the Dolphin make a hard left turn as they were motoring back to the outside, i'm assuming they may have seen some YT on the side scanner... not long after i got one on a large spanish.. felt good to fight one in such deep water with no structure around.. he looked about the low 20# grade.. fileted him on the water so never got the exact weight.... he might be 25# BUT i look like i need to start surfing more and go on a diet!! thanks for the photo Adi

Vito heard the call and not much later he got his good grade YT, which spoiled his rockfish dinner plans!!!

looks like a later morning bite today..
i scanned through the outside NW corner about 1045am and it looked just like this morning.....dead

good luck!
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 01:36 PM   #4
twinfin

Thanks for the report Nelz....I'm on it manana, then it looks like the rest of the week is surf surf surf.....this swell coming looks like a major calorie burner, so no diet needed!!!
twinfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 01:44 PM   #5
vellocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinfin
Thanks for the report Nelz....I'm on it manana, then it looks like the rest of the week is surf surf surf.....this swell coming looks like a major calorie burner, so no diet needed!!!
Christmas Island bouy is already 22 secs!!
it's gonna be a whopper of a south-west swell!
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 02:13 PM   #6
twinfin

Finally, a swell with some shoulders!! T'would be nice if it pushes a little warmer water with it too....keep these YT active. Really quality looking fish today, congrats!
twinfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 07:35 PM   #7
Dennis

Nelz,
So, they came out after all.. And Vito, too.. Congrats guys. I met up with ryan at the launch.. He's stoked. First time fishing LJ. I'll let him know his picture is up.
-Dennis
Old 09-12-2005, 07:44 PM   #8
Dennis

Nelz, you still look sexy to me.. . Haha. What's up with your radio. I tried to get a hold of you twice this morning. I don't know if you got a hold of Ryan. So, I let him know.
One YT picked up this evening, that I know of.. Anymore?
Late, Dennis