Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 10-31-2014, 09:26 AM   #21
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitinsidejim View Post
to Rossman. just got back yesterday was there for two weeks. awsome trip. weather was great, fish that reef where I met you and your son last May. got rock several times 40lb. was not strong enough to stop them. fire carker yellowtail boiling all over the place catch all you wanted. biggest one was 8lbs. skipjack to 10lb, boling all over the place too. wish the were yellowfin. fun to catch. serria ate the fastrac the best .got a big one 30 to 36 inches long. caught lots of them. best lure on the boiling fish was lur jenson one and half oz. cripple minnow. the bait they were hitting on was micro bait fish match the hatch. need to up grade the hooks and split rings on the cripple minnow and fastrac then you will not have any problems. caught also big trigger fish. corvina. pompeno. spotted bass, rosterfish. cabrilla. leoperd grouper. was a great trip. fish the first week without seeing another kayaker. more people the second week, met some great people at camp, I keep them well supplyed with fish. going back in may, love that place. good luck sitinsidejim
Welcome back from paradise, some of us will get there on the 12th of November. Hope to see and meet you in May as we will be there too. thanks for your report.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:52 AM   #22
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

to Rossman. just got back yesterday was there for two weeks. awsome trip. weather was great, fish that reef where I met you and your son last May. got rock several times 40lb. was not strong enough to stop them. fire carker yellowtail boiling all over the place catch all you wanted. biggest one was 8lbs. skipjack to 10lb, boling all over the place too. wish the were yellowfin. fun to catch. serria ate the fastrac the best .got a big one 30 to 36 inches long. caught lots of them. best lure on the boiling fish was lur jenson one and half oz. cripple minnow. the bait they were hitting on was micro bait fish match the hatch. need to up grade the hooks and split rings on the cripple minnow and fastrac then you will not have any problems. caught also big trigger fish. corvina. pompeno. spotted bass, rosterfish. cabrilla. leoperd grouper. was a great trip. fish the first week without seeing another kayaker. more people the second week, met some great people at camp, I keep them well supplyed with fish. going back in may, love that place. good luck sitinsidejim

Hey! Good to hear from you Jim. Sounds like another great trip down there. You have the place dialed in. I'll probably be down there a good part of May also. I'm headed to Bahia Asuncion after Thanksgiving with a group of guys for 10 days or so. If you feel like heading down there again, I'm sure we can plug you into our festivities. We stay right on the beach and there is plenty of room to pitch a tent. See ya next may for sure.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:31 PM   #23
sitinsidejim
sitinsidejim

you guys should have a good trip. bigger yellow tail there, hope there is some yellowfin and dorado for you. always the calicos to fall back on catch them till your arm drop off. the last time I was there caught a couple black seabass on the plastic. it is nice to go places where you do not need live bait. do not forget to try for halibut form the shore usually hit a kroc and kastmasters. have a good trip. sitinsidejim
sitinsidejim is offline   Reply With Quote