Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2020, 07:55 AM   #1
SoCalEDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by whereubinh View Post
Just recently upgraded my fish finder on my hobie and found out that the transducer did not fit into the hobie lowrance ready hull. I tried a couple of diy on youtube to add an extension to the provided adapter and tried to attach it to the existing lowrance ready cover but it cause the tranducer end to stick out of the back of the cover. When the cover was tighten down, it crushed the end of the transducer and I didn't think it was a good idea to keep it liek that. I Came up with a pretty solid solution to mount the transducer so that it fits completely in the transducer slot using my 3d modeling skills and a 3d printer. I put in a giant open to provide maximum water flow and to prevent sand from being trapped inside the cover. I was getting tired of having to flush all the sand out after every use as the sand builds up greatly and falls all over my car roof when transferring. If anyone needs something similar for their garmin transducer, lmk. I can help out. This diy could've came out really bad if I didn't have access to a CAD software or a 3d printer.
very cool solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013outback View Post
Needed a cutting board and saw someone post on this thread a similiar idea, hope you don’t mind my take on it🤙🏽 Cheers. Have more mods coming up too will be posting soon as I start to learn to use this forum. I’m in Newport Beach and new to kayaking but if anyone is in the area shoot me a dm and let’s exchange numbers and meet up. Thanks guys, this forum is rad, glad stumbled upon it🤙🏽
cool, does that render your hatch unusable?
2020 Hobie Outback SOLD
2021 Stealth Fisha 500
#StealthTribe
SoCalEDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:38 AM   #2
2013outback
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalEDC View Post
very cool solution.

cool, does that render your hatch unusable?
The cutting board is strapped onto the lid of the hatch with shock cord. Knot on each end and therefore making the cutting board stay perfectly in place and also makes the hatch handle easily accessible . Just lift the cutting board with same hand and lift turn and open the hatch.

Tried to upload a picture and video but it’s not workIng
2013outback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 10:33 AM   #3
JohnMckroidJr

Tuna Tubes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TunaTubes2.jpg (47.8 KB, 246 views)
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 11:31 AM   #4
SoCalEDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
Tuna Tubes
Cool, what are you fishing for out there that require baits that size? Big grouper?
2020 Hobie Outback SOLD
2021 Stealth Fisha 500
#StealthTribe
Old 11-11-2020, 09:43 PM   #5
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalEDC View Post
Cool, what are you fishing for out there that require baits that size? Big grouper?
The baits are generally no bigger than 1 to 3lbs, but the Small Tunas are a favorite food of many species. It's kind of like using live squid in SoCal in that everything wants to eat them. The challenge is keeping them alive and presenting them to the right species without catching a less desirable Barracuda or worse yet, Shark. So far I have taken Wahoo, Sailfish, King Mackerel and Black Grouper on them. Lately, Barracuda is all I have been able to get with the tunas, but I did have something good hanging for 45 minutes on 40lb test before I got greedy tweeked the drag just a little too tight, breaking the wire leader Earlier this year a World record 97.8lb King Mackerel was taken on a Little Tunny in the same waters that are frequently fished by kayaks. Wouldn't it be sick if the next world record King Mackerel was taken off a kayak?

Last edited by JohnMckroidJr; 11-12-2020 at 07:42 AM.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 07:07 AM   #6
SoCalEDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
The baits are generally no bigger than 1 to 3lbs, but the Small Tunas are a favorite food of many species. It's kind of like using live squid in SoCal in that everything wants to eat them. The challenge is keeping them alive and presenting them to the right species without catching a less desirable Barracuda or worse yet, Shark. So far I have taken Wahoo, Sailfish, King Mackerel and Black Grouper on them. Lately, Barracuda is all I have been able to get with the tunas, but I did have something good hanging for 45 minutes on 40lb test before I got greedy tweeked the drag just a little too tight, breaking the wire leader Earlier this year a World record 97.8lb King Mackerel was taken on a Little Tunny in the same waters that are frequently fished by kayaks. Wouldn't it be sick if the next world record King Mackerel was taken off a kayak?
Wow thats cool. I am so jealous of the south florida fishery
2020 Hobie Outback SOLD
2021 Stealth Fisha 500
#StealthTribe
Old 12-14-2020, 02:26 PM   #7
whereubinh

3d Printed Livewell

Thought i share this project of mine I've been working on for a bit over a month. This is my design of a Hobie style livewell. It has a self priming tube that will prime the pump when given some speed. I was able to water test it and it worked better than expected.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201202_171510.jpg (51.2 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg 20201202_171754.jpg (36.6 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg 20201212_110545.jpg (77.3 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg 20201212_103402.jpg (77.5 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg 20201212_110541.jpg (74.3 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg 20201212_110556.jpg (76.2 KB, 148 views)
whereubinh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kayak fishing inovations, kayak rigging ideas