Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2015, 02:29 PM   #1
Batastrophe
Junior

"The Bad Sea'd" Shakedown - Irvine Lake 4/14

Got my new yak, an Old Town Predator XL, aptly named "The Bad Sea'd," about a month ago and promptly got sick for 3 weeks and have been traveling non-stop for work all year. Called the boss yesterday and told him I was going fishing!

Took her to Irvine Lake today for her maiden voyage and test out the car topping, electronics, mods I made and generally get this gal in the H2O. Love this yak! Somewhere between an Outback and a PA. At 13', 36", & 92#, it's heavier than the former and lighter than the later. Despite her size, this thing actually handles like a much smaller craft! Like padding a Revo.

Everything has been carefully thought out, including an optional 45# thrust saltwater Minn Kota motor console, which I didn't get since I need the exercise and actually enjoy paddling. Big, roomy, portable electronics console - every detail has been accouted for. The seat is more comfortable than my car! Here's my initial review.

The word "shakedown" was intentionallty used, since it's Irvine Lake and I came home with the stripe. Taking her to Huntington Harbor on Sunday to test her salt chops.

Searched long and hard for a versatile yak I can use for lakes, bays, light inshore and bowfishing - The Bad Sea'd is definitelty the one!
Batastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 02:44 PM   #2
northeast1942
Junior

nice! I just bought a predator 13. Let me know how it does in the ocean.. I've only taken mine out of castaic.
northeast1942 is offline   Reply With Quote