Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
Deamon

EBay Braid

Just bought 300 meters of 90# braid for 95 cents plus $13 shipping. I figured it couldn't hurt to try it. Many types of this braid all over Ebay. Anyone try this stuff? I've seen some decent reviews, sounds like the diameter might be lightly greater than Power Pro...

PE DYNEEMA BRAID FISHING LINE 90LB 300M SPECTRA GREEN
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

That's been on my "watch" list for about 6 months. update this post when you receive it and again when you use it. Having # 3 kids and 2 car payments I gotta save some cash somewhere.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #3
BrokeLoser

Is the stuff you bought coming out of china or hong kong?
Let us know how it all goes for you.
BrokeLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Just bought 300 meters of 90# braid for 95 cents plus $13 shipping.....

I bought some from the same seller to test it last year.

100lbs red. Honestly... Not impressed! Thicker then power Pro, Poor knot strength, and it broke well below it's rating. I can't figure out what to do with it. I think it might be alright for backing but I would not fish with it as a main line. Just don't expect it to live up to it's rating.

You get what you pay for with line. I think people who have never used quality spectra might think it's great but it's not up to US quality levels.

Not all Dyneema is junk though I hear the stuff coming out of Australia is quite good and similar in diameter and strength to our local spectra.

Jim
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:01 AM   #5
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Thanks Jim off my watch list they go.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

Old 03-13-2011, 12:54 PM   #6
mermaidhunter
Junior

I am currently trying out their 50 and the diameter is way thicker compared to izor and power pro. I would only recommend the line for rock fishing and not for and true offshore fishing. Again you get what you pay for like Jim said.
mermaidhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #7
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
Thanks Jim off my watch list they go.
Cool... I just did not want to see a bunch of people to buy it then get screwed.

Hey you really selling your Black Bug? How much? That ride would get me all kinds of cred in my hood.

Jim
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #8
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Day View Post
Cool... I just did not want to see a bunch of people to buy it then get screwed.

Hey you really selling your Black Bug? How much? That ride would get me all kinds of cred in my hood.

Jim
The 2332 is going to a good friend. I will be putting in a 1915 next weekend. about 120 hp coupled to the pro street transaxle. Motor and trans are well over 5k, but the wife keeps telling me its got to go, I will most likely list it around $4500 complete but if someone here has a tandem yak and some cash a trade could be worked out.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #9
dorado50

I guess I didn't get that memo. I bought about $100 worth or 10 spools. Have caught about 30-40 macks on this line and not once has the line failed! Who says quality has to be expensive...
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote