Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2016, 04:49 PM   #1
ewhitney60

I do like the comfort of the Kraken a lot. however, i did feel that tipping tendency when I tested it out. Hmmmm..... this is difficult because I have never kayak fished before. I have pulled some wampers out on a big deck but never in a plastic tub!

any other thoughts on a stable, comfortable, maneuverable kayak?

Thanks for the input everyone.

Evan
ewhitney60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:19 PM   #2
King Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewhitney60 View Post
I do like the comfort of the Kraken a lot. however, i did feel that tipping tendency when I tested it out. Hmmmm..... this is difficult because I have never kayak fished before. I have pulled some wampers out on a big deck but never in a plastic tub!

any other thoughts on a stable, comfortable, maneuverable kayak?

Thanks for the input everyone.

Evan
I started out with a Malibu Sierra as my first kayak thinking that I would only care for bay fishing, boy was I wrong. After jamming in that for half a year I set my sights on a wider more stable kayak, Malibu Stealth 12, since the Sierra is a bit tippy. After using the stealth for a good 10 months I began I dread how slow it was and now I'm on my third kayak, a Hobie Revo 13. It's tippier, but faster, lighter, easier to handle, and has a rudder! I do miss the stability of my stealth, but as someone said somewhere here on the board, you can't make a slow kayak faster, but you can always learn how to become more stable
King Saba is offline   Reply With Quote