Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2011, 01:31 PM   #21
Siebler

Nice mike, When I PMed you on ttora I didnt think youd find the thread.

Alright Cabo lets get some planning going! Ive got my Spring hangers and shackles done just need shocks and I can finish up the rear of my truck.

Mike, you know anybody in SD that would install leafs for a decent price? Both my guys are booked out and I am trying to get them done asap. Gonna just install the leafs and run my 10" 7100 resi's until I can do the bedcage (need to sell my tarpon 160 to buy the shocks).

Oh yeah, You seen the big Taco meet out at Superstition in a few weeks? like 80 guys claim they are going. We all know most will drop last minute but still should be a decent turn out.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #22
miguelitro
Team Bad Habits

you going to 62's?
I might know someone who can help you out on that.
I dont do big group runs, kinda the opposite reason i go the desert
Mike
miguelitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #23
Siebler

Im doing Deaver F67's. I have everything but Ubolts. Shouldnt be too bad since im already SUA (5 lugger). I would Love Love Love to get it done this week or next week if possible but if it doesnt happen it doesnt happen.

Yeha I hear you on the group run thing, I figured this one might be cool to check out all the set ups with how many trucks are there since Im getting ready to finish up my rear and then start in the cage.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #24
-scallywag-
Banned

CJ,

22" of travel outta leafs??? how much longer are they than the factory? do you need to mount the new spring hangers?

Either way I got everything you need to swap those springs (and do the bed cage, cab, SAS....exc...) and I'll be in the shop a couple times this month gettin my toys ready(baring some bite that will never happen). If you wanna stop by shoot me a PM.

Superstition update:
My family was out there for new years with SD4wheelers.....pops said the rangers where raiding EVERY camp out there, Glamis/Gordons style, writing citations for everything they could...he said they dug though every cooler they could see looking for glass (even though they had none), issuing multiple fix-it tickets to any rig with a license plate....even the two sheriffs in the club felt violated and are writing complaints. Pretty sad.... Be careful out there!
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #25
Siebler

Numbers are actualy working out to more like 18-19" it looks like. The new Baja Leafs from Allpro I saw guys that were claiming 21-22". These are what I had planned on going with but then the deavers came up for 400.00 brand new so I jumped on them.

I will shoot you a PM right now though!

As for Superstition, must be the holiday weekend huh? Pretty sure I dont have much they can hit me for on a Fix-a-ticket except my rear plate being obstructed by the bumper. Didnt know about the glass stuff, I for sure would have had glass bottled beer as thats about all I drink. I dodnt usually go do the whole desert thing, prefer to go areas that are 100% public land with none of the Adventure pass BS and such.

You know their rules on Firearms? being that its BLM/Public land they shouldnt be able to say anything i would think. Not like a refuge or such where they can limit what I have. I heard no shooting in the OHV area which makes sense but I plan on driving away form the area to look for some quail or maybe out east further to jump shoot some ducks.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #26
cjthomas

I was out at Ocotillo over new years weekend and there wasn't any rangers hassling people there (that I saw of). They did have a tent set up with brochures and what not at Shell Reef along with a couple ambulances, but they were just observing.

When we made a ride over to Superstition/Sand Dam there was a ranger sitting on the top of the hill, but he was just observing and didn't stop anybody.

Still, its best to play it safe. I've seen bikes, rails and toy haulers towed away at Dove Springs.
cjthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:18 AM   #27
werntonb
Junior

Such a good trip! I also want to have that trip with my families.
werntonb is offline   Reply With Quote