Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2015, 10:02 AM   #1
ratdog

Pt Loma launching question

I was thinking about going to Pt Loma but the only place I know to launch is by the roller coaster in MB. Any short cut suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. PM's ok.
ratdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:53 PM   #2
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Would it save time leaving from Mariner's Basin?

Either from the sand here, or from the end of Mariner's Way road that ends at the north side of the mouth of Mariner's Basin.

I recently launched over the rocks into San Diego River from the dirt parking area. I paddled out by OB Dog Beach. If you don't mind practicing in slightly higher waves than La Jolla Shores, there's a convenient parking lot at Dog Beach and you can launch directly into the ocean from the mouth of the river.

How is fishing at the north end of the Point Loma kelp beds? I was just looking at a map and thinking about that with my morning coffee today. I'm also curious to know more about the sandy areas along Wreck Alley, just to the north of the MB jetty. When the La Jolla yellowtail bite cools down, where should we go to target larger size halibut?

Last edited by Mr. NiceGuy; 09-03-2015 at 02:09 PM.
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:19 PM   #3
YakDout
Brandon

long day

I've gone pretty much all the way down to Point Loma Kelp Beds from Dana landing however:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1682272.jpg (167.0 KB, 139 views)
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:49 PM   #4
dmrides

There are a handful of days each year where you can launch from Orchard St at mid to high tide and Bermuda St at a low to medium high tide. Show up, check the surf, be prepared to have a plan B as there are not too many days where the swell cooperates.
dmrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:01 PM   #5
fishja

Do it all the time! Head over to Santa Cruz st in Ob. You can usually park right there and it's a quick walk down the stairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fishja is offline   Reply With Quote