Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2017, 01:29 PM   #1
CON KSO

Hook 5: Bought in July, Dead by September - Help?

This thing was awesome while it worked - and I've come to rely on it.

But now it seems to be dead.

Nope, didn't ever roll the kayak or dunk the unit (I did wash it off with freshwater after each use).

Nope, it's not the battery or connections - I bought a brand new Nocqua lithium battery for it and checked voltage all the way to the red terminal end of power - over 12volts going into the unit.

Nope, not any butt connectors screwing things up - again, I checked it with voltmeter, 12volts all the way the red connecting nut.

Symptoms: Went to power it up, Hook5 logo came on for a minute or two and then screen went black. Subsequent attempts, a brief flash on the screen and then nothing.

Lowrance Customer Support isn't available on the weekend (I already tried to call).

Any advice for me? I know there will be wide ranging opinion but what are you guys liking out there in terms of reliability? I like the split screen feature of the Hook5 with GPS and side scan screens side by side - is there something better out there?

I'd hate to kiss 360 bucks good bye but if there's something out there that's much better I might consider it.

Anybody else have similar problems with a Hook5? I'm all ears - just trying to prepare myself for the fight to come.
CON KSO is offline   Reply With Quote