Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2016, 11:13 AM   #1
NICKWORN
Senior Member
 
NICKWORN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 407
Late Post: Sharing is Caring 12/4/2016

Went out with a couple buddies to try our luck... Made bait( GB's ), had a thresher break me off ( leader was all frayed ), soon after saw a ton of birds diving, managed to get there in time to throw a flat fall into the mix, no less then 10sec I'm on!!

After fighting the fish for a few minutes my other rod goes bendo, double F-ing Bubble, Shiat I go two on. So instead of trying to land both and risk losing both, I hand one off to my buddy Keenan, and began the fight on the freshy!

All in all a great day
Attached Images
     
NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 12:38 PM   #2
Sully1
Member
 
Sully1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Beach
Posts: 267
Looks like you're doing it right! Way to bump up your fish count before year's end!
__________________
Sully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 01:02 PM   #3
NICKWORN
Senior Member
 
NICKWORN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 407
Yeppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully1 View Post
Looks like you're doing it right! Way to bump up your fish count before year's end!
I got 8 under my belt since I bought my first kayak from Chuck D back in May, been addicted ever since!!

Even tried my luck in the game, but only got 1 keeper and few shorts.

NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 01:31 PM   #4
Deamon
Senior Member
 
Deamon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKWORN View Post
I got 8 under my belt since I bought my first kayak from Chuck D back in May, been addicted ever since!!

Even tried my luck in the game, but only got 1 keeper and few shorts.

You got some bogus bug info from some fool and now you're selling your traps???

WHAT...EVER

__________________
Recreational Fisherman's Catch...2%
Commercial Fisherman's Catch- 98%
Recreational Fishing Kayakers Catch- .00001%
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 04:08 PM   #5
DanaPT
Senior Member
 
DanaPT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South OC
Posts: 1,366
yeah keep at them, them bugs are out there. somewhere.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 05:15 PM   #6
Cjleon90
Member
 
Cjleon90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 34
Hell yeah!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cjleon90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 07:11 PM   #7
FullFlavorPike
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 545
Nice December yt!
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 07:27 PM   #8
NICKWORN
Senior Member
 
NICKWORN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
You got some bogus bug info from some fool and now you're selling your traps???

WHAT...EVER

Yea that dudes a fool alright!! Lmao

Hell no I'm not selling them, gave him altimatum, he borrows traps and gives some crab, he loses he buys! Dudes headed up to the bay for some dungeoness and red crab.

There's always next year for those bugs, I like hooping, don't worry Jim you still have a bugging friend, bwhahaha!!
NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 11:32 PM   #9
Aaron&Julie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Spring Valley
Posts: 1,400
Thanks for the report, that sounds like a good trip, with even better results, and a tasty looking reward. Congrats!
__________________
"Never say die"
Aaron&Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 04:56 AM   #10
Chuck D
Senior Member
 
Chuck D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bay Park
Posts: 541
Nice Nick!!!
Those December Tails are hard to come by. You are really figuring it all out. Keep em coming!
Chuck D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 06:50 PM   #11
summers in kuwait
Senior Member
 
summers in kuwait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East County San Diego
Posts: 526
Nice work Nick. Way to share the wealth!
summers in kuwait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 03:50 AM   #12
Deamon
Senior Member
 
Deamon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKWORN View Post
So instead of trying to land both and risk losing both, I hand one off to blah, blah, blah...
Nick, Nick, Nick...we've all spent thousands of dollars and countless hours for this very moment! I really want to say CONGRATULATIONS BUT I have a few "questions". So both rods go bendo...and then the story gets "foggy"...help a brotha understand the exact situation you were facing...please. In fact, I've made things a bit easier, just select one of the multiple choice answers, whichever fits best (my eyes are closed imagining these scenarios):

A) you are screaming like a little bitch, in fact hyperventilating, going a bit purple, all the while, the rod in your hand is kind of outstretched and one your "pals" reaches over and just grabs it, sledding off to kill one for himself...?

B) you pucker up, information overload, about to shit your shorts, like a deer in the headlights, freeze up and again, one of your "buddies" yanks the rod still in the holder and takes off for himself.

3) you go second bendo...your guide is like a hundred yards away fighting his own fish...you're screaming out to him "What do I do? What do I do?", to no avail...you just collapse out, like a rag doll. When you wake up, 3 of your "cheeses" are right next to you...one stole a rod and sped off with a fish. One's reaching in trying to take your terminal tackle...and the other can't get the leash off the second rod and you proceed to catch that fish yourself. AND YOU STILL TIPPED YOUR GUIDE at the end of the day!

Or Scenario #4) I KNOW you weren't "afraid" to lose both fish so you quickly passed off the one to your buddy...

I'll be waiting for your reply. Peace.

Jim
__________________
Recreational Fisherman's Catch...2%
Commercial Fisherman's Catch- 98%
Recreational Fishing Kayakers Catch- .00001%
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"


Last edited by Deamon; 12-15-2016 at 04:29 AM.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:17 AM   #13
Chuck D
Senior Member
 
Chuck D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bay Park
Posts: 541
Jim=The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Nick, Nick, Nick...we've all spent thousands of dollars and countless hours for this very moment! I really want to say CONGRATULATIONS BUT I have a few "questions". So both rods go bendo...and then the story gets "foggy"...help a brotha understand the exact situation you were facing...please. In fact, I've made things a bit easier, just select one of the multiple choice answers, whichever fits best (my eyes are closed imagining these scenarios):

A) you are screaming like a little bitch, in fact hyperventilating, going a bit purple, all the while, the rod in your hand is kind of outstretched and one your "pals" reaches over and just grabs it, sledding off to kill one for himself...?

B) you pucker up, information overload, about to shit your shorts, like a deer in the headlights, freeze up and again, one of your "buddies" yanks the rod still in the holder and takes off for himself.

3) you go second bendo...your guide is like a hundred yards away fighting his own fish...you're screaming out to him "What do I do? What do I do?", to no avail...you just collapse out, like a rag doll. When you wake up, 3 of your "cheeses" are right next to you...one stole a rod and sped off with a fish. One's reaching in trying to take your terminal tackle...and the other can't get the leash off the second rod and you proceed to catch that fish yourself. AND YOU STILL TIPPED YOUR GUIDE!

Or Scenario #4) I KNOW you weren't "afraid" to lose both fish so you quickly passed off the one to your buddy...

I'll be waiting for your reply. Peace.

Jim
Chuck D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 07:34 AM   #14
NICKWORN
Senior Member
 
NICKWORN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 407
DOnt be JELLY

Hmmmmm, im gonna go with scenario 5, I felt bad for all the local LJ yakkers, and decided since I have been raking in the yellows of late, while the others have been struggling to just simply make bait, I'd do the kayaking world a favor and spread the wealth.

On a real note, I think being a little inexperienced got the best of my decision making! Believe me, next time I'll land both at the same time, using my hands and feet together like a synchronized machine!!

Jim, give me a call, I'll put you on those Yellows. BWHAHAHHAHHA




Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Nick, Nick, Nick...we've all spent thousands of dollars and countless hours for this very moment! I really want to say CONGRATULATIONS BUT I have a few "questions". So both rods go bendo...and then the story gets "foggy"...help a brotha understand the exact situation you were facing...please. In fact, I've made things a bit easier, just select one of the multiple choice answers, whichever fits best (my eyes are closed imagining these scenarios):

A) you are screaming like a little bitch, in fact hyperventilating, going a bit purple, all the while, the rod in your hand is kind of outstretched and one your "pals" reaches over and just grabs it, sledding off to kill one for himself...?

B) you pucker up, information overload, about to shit your shorts, like a deer in the headlights, freeze up and again, one of your "buddies" yanks the rod still in the holder and takes off for himself.

3) you go second bendo...your guide is like a hundred yards away fighting his own fish...you're screaming out to him "What do I do? What do I do?", to no avail...you just collapse out, like a rag doll. When you wake up, 3 of your "cheeses" are right next to you...one stole a rod and sped off with a fish. One's reaching in trying to take your terminal tackle...and the other can't get the leash off the second rod and you proceed to catch that fish yourself. AND YOU STILL TIPPED YOUR GUIDE!

Or Scenario #4) I KNOW you weren't "afraid" to lose both fish so you quickly passed off the one to your buddy...

I'll be waiting for your reply. Peace.

Jim
NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2002 Big Water's Edge. All rights reserved.