Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2014, 04:41 AM   #1
janines.fishtales@cox.net

A Thank you!

I have heard over and over again, "time on the water, time on the water"...

I have been doing this kayak thing for about 3 years now, and have only been out to LJ maybe a handful of times. I HATE surf launching and landing, but it is truly a necessary evil if you want to catch a quality game fish, and I do.

Enter Mr Novatany. Even though the conditions we horrible (washing machine with added 15-20 kt gusts... BTW, I call BS on Surfline.com who said <1' @ 5-10kts! Liars!), I would fish with Will any time.

LOVES to fish, and a great buddy to have out there, as he could see I was nervous and kept a good eye out. So thank you for stickin close and knowing when it was time to go in. We tried but no one wanted to play. At least I got a little more "time on the water"! Next time when it's nice out!

Janine

Last edited by janines.fishtales@cox.net; 06-03-2014 at 05:07 AM. Reason: spelling
janines.fishtales@cox.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:23 AM   #2
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

It was my pleasure hun. At least the conversations were good even if the conditions were horrible. I remember thinking before you launched "this doesn't look so bad. the sets are a bit fast but small" then after 3 failed attempts at launching where I don't even know how I managed to stay upright, I was then thinking "shit I can't call it quits and leave her out there in this snot" managed to get out and at least we had a good paddle. Hand bilges really earned there keep yesterday.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:26 AM   #3
blitzburgh

Good stuff right there
Old 06-03-2014, 08:35 PM   #4
FISH11

Hey Will, I remember looking at my watch around 12:30 and thinking this is about the time Will said he would be launching. I was out on the outer edges past the far kelp and things where getting really bad fast. I never did see you, but then I only saw like two other kayaks out far from the kelp. Definitely large washing machine chop and a lot of white caps. hope the weather inproves for the right surface conditions. Tight Lines. Mark
Old 06-04-2014, 03:17 PM   #5
TJones

thanks for report

Be safe out there .
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:27 PM   #6
octico

I have to agree, Will is a great guy! One of nicest folks you will ever meet. My first time out on the water was with Will.
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:44 PM   #7
janines.fishtales@cox.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by octico View Post
I have to agree, Will is a great guy! One of nicest folks you will ever meet. My first time out on the water was with Will.
x2!

j
Old 06-04-2014, 06:49 PM   #8
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Awwe shucks guys

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote