Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 09:47 PM   #1
Amish Ed

Props to Eagle

I have to give big props to Eagle Electronics for their customer service. I called them to get an RMA# so I could return my FF which hasn't been worked for months. Well after a few basic questions from the technician trying to trouble shoot, he told me I should send it in. I can't find the reciept so he asked for the serial number. Turns out the warranty was a month or 2 past. Know what he did? He said, "Close enough." So, I sent it in and it came back yesterday. I get out the invoice and it says they couldn't find a problem. Did they send the old one back? Nope, they sent a new one, including a new transducer (just in case that's the issue). All this with zero hassle, zero arguing, zero money. Try getting any of this from that bird manufacturer that humms. I know the stories and all I can say is I'm glad I've stuck with Eagle/Lowrance (I've heard that Garmin is good too). Again, props to Eagle.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:40 PM   #2
Dennis

Nice read!! You're right, I didn't get the same customer service from Humminbird. The harness inside the unit somehow broke. I called to see if it was covered in the warranty. The Humminbird rep. I spoke to said that it would be free with the receipt (if it was less than a year), and $70 without. It's not more than a year old, I know that for sure. I should have put that receipt in a safe or something.. I had an Eagle fishfinder mounted on my kayak, but I switched to the Matrix series.. Looks like I should have stuck with the Eagle.
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:29 AM   #3
vellocity

not plugging West Marine, BUT... when you buy any electronics from WM they give you a no questions ask return policy for a year from the purchase date(yeah you need to SAVE that receipt Dennis!).. walk in, state the problem, walk out with a new unit. they even have extended warranties you can pay for to keep that return policy going for up to 3 years...worth it IMO for anything getting dunked in saltwater

here's the best kicker for WM.. if you find a cheaper price on the internet, print the pages out and they will price match any internet price..
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:31 PM   #4
ski

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellocity

here's the best kicker for WM.. if you find a cheaper price on the internet, print the pages out and they will price match any internet price..
I have purchased my vhf this way. I was told by WM that the internet match is only if there is a "brick and mortar store" to go with the ad. Also, I insisted that they adjust the price so that when they add the tax it came to the same price as advertised on the net.
ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:39 PM   #5
norrinradd12

Send a message via AIM to norrinradd12 Send a message via Yahoo to norrinradd12
great to know, about ready to buy a fishfinder
norrinradd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 07:11 PM   #6
baerclaws

Glad to hear the problem was resolved. I got my Eagle Cuda 240 S/GPS the first of the year, per your recommendation, and I couldn't be happier with it. The GPS saved my butt once last spring when heavy fog rolled in.
What was the nature of the failure?
I don't see that model advertised much anymore, but I think it's still listed on their web. Good thing they had your replacement.
baerclaws is offline   Reply With Quote