Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
MrPatrick

Big Daredevl, and I don't mean Ben Affleck!

I was looking through some of the tackle that has been given to me over the years and I thought I would share one of my favorite pieces with everyone. My grandfather fished Lake Erie for pike and Muskie for many years and he left me all his tackle before he passed years ago. He was a big fan of Datedevl spoons. I am too, they get bit hard at La Jolla believe it or not. My biggest Calico came on a red and white 1oz Daredevl narrow.
The spoons for Muskie can be huge! Check this one out. Left to right: 1 oz Daredevl, Muskie spoon and a Tady 45.

That's a serious hook!
If I come across any other unusual stuff I'll post it. Haven't been fishing much, knees are angry about something .

Last edited by MrPatrick; 10-28-2013 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Title change
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
walrus

I still fish a lot of old school lures (freshwater mostly) and they still work as well as they did in the past.

However, I never saw a one ounce dare devil before, hmm. That sounds perfect for calico's.
walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
Necron 99

Used to use daredevils a lot in Wisconsin. Pike and bass both like em.
Necron 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #4
MrPatrick

Here are a few more interesting items

Sea Hawk lures, through wire piece of lead.

Rapala, Creek Chub and I think Heddon lures.

Three different Red Eyes and a weed less Dardevl with feathers. Is anyone one else sensing a red and white theme here?

And finally, Grandpa's Abu 6000 with a one sided, counterbalanced handle. The leather case still has the tool and reel oil in it.

Then as now, it appears as though some lure were meant to catch the angler more than the fish.

I have a lot of crank baits and some other lures that aren't old or collectible that I might try. Many of them are red and white......... Go figure .
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:31 PM   #5
easyday

Haha I found an old daredevil cleaning out all my stuff for my move. It was from my first set of lures when I was like 5