Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2008, 07:35 PM   #1
roosta

LJ 12-10 Late Post

Launched around 5:15am to ankle high surf. Made a few greenbacks on the bottom by tipping the sabiki with squid. I tipped my blue and chrome tady 4/0 (glow back) with a whole squid and ended up hooking about a 10 inch mackerel on it. I sent it back down 120 feet and gave it 2 cranks up after hitting the bottom. 15 minutes later it got slammed and I was on. Unfortunately I pulled the hook 10 minutes into the fight. This is the third fish I have hooked on a deep iron with a treble hook that I have lost. From now on I am all for single hooks...
Heart broken, I kept on fishing. I caught about an 8 inch sardine on the sabiki and sent him down on an 8oz. butterfly jig (with two single hooks on it). I watched the tip of my rod as the bait nervously twitched and was suddenly thumped hard. Another thump followed and then the line started peeling. After a couple of seconds the line stopped and the fish was gone. I instantly grabbed the rod and started jigging it. Seconds later I was on again! After a 20 min. fight I brought this 30.4 lb beauty up. He puked up about 15 squid...

roosta is offline   Reply With Quote