Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2009, 10:52 PM   #81
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Just got back, about 30 of us showed up, way to go guys...

We need to stress LJ, and I think we did a good job at it and need to keep applying the pressure...

On a couple occasions, whole groups went up and took turns speaking pro MLPA, all the while saying things like, "We love fishing, and love fishermen, but we want to see implementation so our grandkids will one day be able to fish." This came from a whole clan from Malibu.

Another Foundation, advocating closures, spoke also with at least 7-8 of them, but what was funny, was each time a certain pro MLPA group would speak, get applause from a select few, they would all leave, not hearing the other sides' view point and what is at stake...

This is what we are up against. They seem to not want to hear our views, but sure try to do a good job of trying to sound empathetic to our plight by saying they like to fish, but are quite quick to recommend the closures...guess they thought their strategy would fool somebody when it was clear that their true motives were transparent.

To all that went, spoke, and were heard, kayakers, spearos, fishermen and women, . Now is the time to increase our numbers...more voices, more viewpoints, let them know what is truly at stake.

As Tyler stated, "If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem."

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:56 PM   #82
Gino

was great hearing from all the kayak fisherman here. Ill be attending the thursday may 21st as well!
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:08 AM   #83
Billy V

I just got home as well, and will post more on the subject tomorrow.

-This fight is not over.

200 People stepped UP and spoke, its still going on right now.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:30 AM   #84
Corey

We did not make it to the end, but lasted until 11:30. Thanks to all of you guys that came out tonight. I feel like we were well represented and did a good job of getting our point across, repeatedly.

if we keep speaking up, we may just end up with something liveable like propsal A or B. If we sit on our hands we are sure to regret it later. We are making progress.

It's not over by a long shot, so who's headed up on Thursday?
Old 05-20-2009, 12:45 AM   #85
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Just got home a few minutes ago. Poor Paul and the other RSG stake holders are still probably listening to public comment. I have to work at 6:30am like usual so we left about 11:30pm.

We did good, but it isn't over. It was really disturbing that the meeting was not being videotaped like previous ones. They finally get a huge turnout for Public Comment, then don't tape it for the record . Next time we need even more. We can get over 100 guys if we really try. Make it so many we can't be ignored.

Thanks Joe (ZenSpearo) . Nice meeting you. Your site has all the pertinent info.

For those that want to more about the MLPA, like me, go to youtube.com and search for MLPA 101. There are some informative videos from the classroom sessions earlier this week. You can watch them on your own time if you couldn't make it.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:32 AM   #86
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Nice Job guys, what a turn out!

There are a few guys here going on Thurs, as well as, The Baytubers!!!

http://baytuber.informe.com/forum/ka...ing-t4847.html
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:51 AM   #87
kurt

I think we had a good turnout, but need to keep up the pressure. If you fish the OC and did not make it last night, you'd be crazy not to go to the meeting on Thursday. Their is a large contingent of Laguna Beach ecos, not just content to have virtually their own private beaches, but want the kayaks and boats off the waters so their view is unspoiled. They're pressuring for closures from Dana Point to Newport. Time for everyone to step up. The process is biased against us, so we need to represent more than them.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:38 AM   #88
Grego

Nice seeing some of you guys down/up there...I got there a little too late to submit a card to speak but I got a good feel for what to speak about during my minute of time for the 21st, it was a good recon.

Like Kurt said, I can't believe there weren't more guys from the OC there. Congrats to GreenJeans for speaking up. You guys are going to get screwed if you don't speak up for your spot. Those enviros got Dana Headlands, Laguna, and etc...on their radar. The sportboat captains were there, but they can motor pass any near coast closure....yakkers are going to be SOL.
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:40 AM   #89
Billy V

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
I think we had a good turnout, but need to keep up the pressure. If you fish the OC and did not make it last night, you'd be crazy not to go to the meeting on Thursday. Their is a large contingent of Laguna Beach ecos, not just content to have virtually their own private beaches, but want the kayaks and boats off the waters so their view is unspoiled. They're pressuring for closures from Dana Point to Newport. Time for everyone to step up. The process is biased against us, so we need to represent more than them.
Those Grey Haired Old Ladies who have more money than God are turning up the Heat. They made it clear that it is their beach, and not some stinking kayakers, or lousy fisherman's playground to use at they please.

Even the Old Ladies are Fighting Dirty,
Claiming that SHE swims in Her Ocean Every Day....cough.cough.bullshit.cough.
testafying that they get Upset when they see fish that have been wounded by bad spearfisherman, and are worried about the protection of their precious SHEEPSCRAB
-How they Love to Fish, but want Closures. -More BS-
--Yes, you read that correctly, I said SHEEPSCRAB.
This is the latest Invented MLPA Word, that in My Opinion out does Seal Grass as heard by the Science Advisory Team. aka Moorons.

Yet another mixed up, over medicated, lying, posturing, and confused People Hating Wasp Environmentalist.
The last drop of Water this lady saw was in a glass full of Dewar's White Label, but they are going to get away with it if We Waterman don't step up to meet the challenge.
----------------------------------------
Its really time to join up with the BWE members who are making meetings and are speaking our piece .
-More to come later-
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:44 AM   #90
JoeBeck

It was an amazing experience listening to all of the fishermen speak, the emotions and the reality of the effects these potential closures will have on businesses can't be denied at least from where I was sitting. Everyone needs to continue to speak up. I left just before midnight and our voices were continuing to be echoed

San diego was pretty well represented and voiced to keep La Jolla open. As for people living in Laguna Beach who want to continue to fish, you need to get to the meetings. Those citizins want that whole part of the coast closed.

Any updates why they chose not to record this meeting? Seems odd if they have been recording the rest!

- Joe
JoeBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:26 AM   #91
fryguy

Is there a roll call for tomorrow's meeting?

should we bring a video recorder and make sure that we get some footage of the meeting?
fryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:42 AM   #92
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryguy View Post
Is there a roll call for tomorrow's meeting?

should we bring a video recorder and make sure that we get some footage of the meeting?
Check this link,

http://baytuber.informe.com/forum/ka...ing-t4847.html

but PLEASE post A new 21st ROLL CALL here, to get the ball rolling!!!

Thanks,

chris
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #93
landwhale

I will be there in the morning for this chance to speak to the RSG and will try to keep the emotions in check this time..............................

Steven Green

landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:27 AM   #94
so cal shaggy

Hey guys, you all did an awesome job last night. For the first time H&L groups outnumbered the spearfishermen at one of these meetings . I will be there Thursday morning to help the group from baytubers get their speaking cards turned in and to also give them info they need as to the whole process. I will not be speaking Thursday since they have already heard me enough and I made my point to the RSG reps last night but will cede my time to anyone needing it. Keep up the fight guys we outnumbered the non concumptive factions by at least 7 to 1 . The "old lady" that got up and spoke about protecting 3 arch bay has made it very clear in past meetings by clearely stating that "I do not want spearfishermen or fishermen on my beach" something she forgets though is that no one owns the beach and though she may own a piece of land upon which her house sits inside it's own private gated community the beach is public lands to which no one can claim ownership. The next stage in this round will be critical also in which the agreed upon maps will be "shopped around" at public workshops so Joe public can get a look at how these closures will affect them including residents whose taxes will go up to generate revenews for the upkeep of the proposed MPA's. There will be 2 (maybe 3 after overhearing talks yesterday) workshops for each region 2 in the LA/LB area 2 in the Laguna/Dana area and 2 in the SD/LJ area. We need numbers at these meeting most importantly since these will be where the non concumptives try to sway the general public to their direction by accepting the large closure areas we need to be there to speak up (politely and in a non aggressive way) and counter their arguments. Thanks again for showing up guys.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:30 AM   #95
MVC

I was at the meeting last night from Orange Co but was not able to stay to the end. It was great to see large group of kayak supporters. We will be the most effected by any closures.
MVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:09 PM   #96
so cal shaggy

RSG meeting

It looks like I will ne speaking tomorrow, hope to see some of you again tomorrow.