Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2011, 08:19 AM   #1
bigbarrels

Video Editing

For those who use the GoPro, what video editing program do you use? I have used Windows Video Maker and I have to convert the videos using AVS Video Converter to a usable format..I have a 20 minute video I need to convert from yesterday and it will take 8 hours to complete.......way too long.....I'm hoping there is a video editing program that you can use without needing to convert the file and have better editing options than Windows Movie Maker.....

Has any one used this program?

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Creative-...dp_ob_title_sw

Thanks in advance
Old 06-15-2011, 08:39 AM   #2
Phatford
Heroes on the Water Staff

I use Sony Vegas... But it cost an arm and leg and is probably old now... ha ha But I have yet to find another program that can do what it does...

A good one is cyberlink Power Producer... Make videos like this in 20 minutes or less.

http://mediaservices.myspace.com/ser...video"/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/ser...0,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent">

http://www.myspace.com/video/ryanrwa...wells/53951770
Phatford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
surfnutnj

Compression

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarrels View Post
For those who use the GoPro, what video editing program do you use? I have used Windows Video Maker and I have to convert the videos using AVS Video Converter to a usable format..I have a 20 minute video I need to convert from yesterday and it will take 8 hours to complete.......way too long.....I'm hoping there is a video editing program that you can use without needing to convert the file and have better editing options than Windows Movie Maker.....

Has any one used this program?

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Creative-...dp_ob_title_sw

Thanks in advance
Tom,

It would save a lot of time if you compress the file and then convert it. Let me know if you need some help with that. There are several compression programs you can use depending on if you are using a PC or MAC.
surfnutnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
surfnutnj

One more tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnutnj View Post
Tom,

It would save a lot of time if you compress the file and then convert it. Let me know if you need some help with that. There are several compression programs you can use depending on if you are using a PC or MAC.

If you do not want to compromise quality then you should probably use Sorenson, or CCE to compress your video. Final Cut Pro, which I use to edit, uses Sorenson and it should not take 8 hours (thats crazy!) You can also use a program called DVD Shrink which would save you a little time and still have good quality. I have never heard of the editing SW in the link you sent, but other than final cut pro, some other programs are:

Vegas Video (PC)
I movie (for mac)
surfnutnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:26 AM   #5
Deuce

Final Cut pro. Is the best. But if you have a Mac. It comes with I Movie. It is really easy to use.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:09 AM   #6
bigbarrels

thanks everyone, I will try to compress the file now with Sorenson....
Old 06-16-2011, 08:14 AM   #7
kareem korn

I also have the gopro hd, and I can't edit it worth a crap. My computer won't even play them back. I have to view them on my HD tv. It sucks because every video camera from the flip to the sony home camers comes with editing software on a cd or programed into the camera itself.
kareem korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:47 AM   #8
bigbarrels

just looked at Sorensen software.....it is bank.....there must be a free version somewhere? no time to look today...off to the ER for a 12 hour shift
Old 06-16-2011, 08:50 AM   #9
Aaron

I use Adobe Premiere Elements with my GoPro HD video...

Adobe Premiere Elements

It's cheap ($80 after a mail-in rebate) and has the functions I need. Saves are relatively quick, easy drag and drop video and music (no multiple steps to begin working on your video), and lots of built in functions. And if you're familiar with the Adobe products (illustrator, photoshop, etc.) and like them, it's a really easy transfer into Premiere Elements as much of the functioning is the same (e.g. same tools and icons that do the same things and are found in similar places). I use illustrator and photoshop a lot with work and that experience eased the learning curve a bit. Here is a dive video I put together with PE for my wife's first grade class...taken with GoPro at r5 in an eyeofmine housing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QknKfQcKzc
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:24 PM   #10
Handymansd
Ancient Member

What does the Stoic Waterman Films' guy use... that's what i want to know!

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #11
467echo
Rookie of the Month Club

I use Pinnacle Studio 14, I like it. Easy to use for me, I tried others but my dumbass couldn't figure them out very well. I think I paid like 50-60 for it but it comes with some cool graphics and you can upgrade to more if you want. Here is a desert video I made. Sorry no good fish videos yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBpdE868vEU
Old 06-16-2011, 07:19 PM   #12
Podaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 467echo View Post
I use Pinnacle Studio 14, I like it. Easy to use for me, I tried others but my dumbass couldn't figure them out very well. I think I paid like 50-60 for it but it comes with some cool graphics and you can upgrade to more if you want. Here is a desert video I made. Sorry no good fish videos yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBpdE868vEU

cool vid, nice early season clean dunes!
Podaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #13
steveooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handymansd View Post
What does the Stoic Waterman Films' guy use... that's what i want to know!
I have no clue what Dan uses, but I use a Mac

Zero skill involved. Honestly, I have never spent more than 30 min on a video

PC for work , Mac for Play
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote