Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
Dave k

Finally making the drive to LJ

Hey guys, as the title suggests, I’ve never been down to fish La Jolla of the yak. I’ll be in SD this weekend for family stuff, so I was hoping to get out on the water Saturday morning. I fish Malibu and PV pretty frequently, but living in North LA, it’s a trek to get down to LJ on a regular basis. I’ve got a couple questions for you guys so I can make sure I bring the right gear down with me.

- Is there any squid in the area, or are the fish on fin bait?

- I drive a 2wd car, so I’m not going to be driving on the sand. Do I need to bring my cart, or can I park next to the sand and drag the yak to the water? My cart doesn’t have those big sand tires either.

- I looked at the map and directions on the Plastic Navy site, is that info all current?

I’ll be bringing the bass gear as a backup, but would like to target YT, WSB or even threshers. Any other advice or input is welcome.

I’ll be in a camo Trident, so feel free to say hi.

Thanks guys!
Dave k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #2
stevenc
Junior

Ill be out there at about 6am tomorrow morning for my first trip outside of the bay this season. Make sure not to fish in the reserve. I wont be bringing my tank this trip so Ill be deep in the forest bassin. May try and get some squid. See you out there
stevenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
dorado50

tonites your best chance! get out there and leave the bass gear behind if ya want a ...lots o squid....and the bass are big also.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:31 PM   #4
stevenc
Junior

Id launch anytime if I had a partner. Im getting my gear together now for tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
fishinkid2010

I'll be there tomorrow morning if you've got any questions about fishing the area. Look for a white Ford F150 with a Baylor sticker on the back window and a tan Hobie Revo. I should be on the beach at 5:45am

Oh and leave the bass gear at home... go big or go home!
fishinkid2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:49 PM   #6
stevenc
Junior

see you guys there. grey malibu extreme green toyota pickup. cant even find my old baitank.....if anyone has extra squid dead alive etc thats headin out ill pay$ or trade or something. Thanks
Old 06-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #7
Dave k

Thanks for the input guys. None of the right kind but got some cuda on the surface iron.

I'll be back soon for some redemption.
Dave k is offline   Reply With Quote